VIDEO: Acoustic Guitar Profile - Kemper Rack

• Hey guys! Downloaded some acoustic profiles by M. Franzkowiak (profile based on: Baldringer Pre) and decided to play the intro for 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle. My playing is meh and a bit of buzzing because of the low tuning. This is the 'Acoustic C' profile. Either way check it out, this is my Takamine > Kemper Rack > Presonus Firestudio Project. No EQ in my DAW - just wanted to give a good example what this profile sounds like direct with no tweaking. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBWnLinG9g

• Sounds good to me. So no preamp between the mic and profiler. So you are using the XLR return?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Sounds good to me. So no preamp between the mic and profiler. So you are using the XLR return?

Are you asking how the Baldringer Pre was profiled? If so, honestly im not sure since I just downloaded it. I assume Acoustic > Pre > XLR out > Kemper ?

If you are asking how I recorded with the profile... I plugged the acoustic into the kemper, main outs on the kemper into my presonus firestudio project inputs, then my presonus into my computer/DAW.

Sorry if I didn't understand the question :S

:D

• I was getting at what the signal chain was in your recording. I see a mic in the video so I assumed that you used that mic instead of some mic/pre built into an electric acoustic guitar. In your reply when you say you "plugged the acoustic into the Kemper", it makes me believe the mic seen in the video wasn't part of the recording of the clip at all and that you did just connect an electric acoustic guitar to the Kemper's "in" with an instrument cable. Mic just happened to be in the video???

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• I was getting at what the signal chain was in your recording. I see a mic in the video so I assumed that you used that mic instead of some mic/pre built into an electric acoustic guitar. In your reply when you say you "plugged the acoustic into the Kemper", it makes me believe the mic seen in the video wasn't part of the recording of the clip at all and that you did just connect an electric acoustic guitar to the Kemper's "in" with an instrument cable. Mic just happened to be in the video???

Ah I see now, haha. Yeah, the mic was not used. In retrospect I should have taken it out of the shot. I was using the mic earlier. What you are hearing is the acoustic electric into the front input on the Kemper.