Presets with real guitar cab

• Hi I've receibed 2 days ago mu Kemper Profiler Power Rack.
    Actually I use a Mesa 2x12 Recto cab.
    Anyone can recommend me a free presets that sounds good with real guitar cab.

• Congratulations to your Kemper :thumbup:

In general people recommend DI Profiles to be used with a guitar cab. Try to work your way trough Rig Exchange and see what you can find and like.
    I personally haven't made a comparison yet whether a DI or regular profile sounds better or the same to me. I also use my Kemper with a 4x12 guitar cab with disabled cab at the monitor out for rehearsal. To me the rigs I tried so far all sounded very good that way and I didn't feel the need to go hunting for DI profiles. Guess you have to find out what works best for you.

• "I own a fantastic Ferrari, but when I travel to the Nardo racetrack in southern Italy with my huge mobile home and the Ferrari on the trailer, it just doesn't feel like driving a Ferrari. Why's that?"

Just sayin' :)

Thanks for you comment Lightbox, this will be big help someone. :thumbup:

• You just need to go through them with your cab, marcpp! Depends on your cab, preferences, guitars etc etc. Often some slight eq'ing will get you there.

CK mentioned they were working on a way to combine a direct profile with a corresponding mic'ed profile into a single profile, which could be interesting!

• Me and my bandmate are using small tube combos to amplify our toasters. (monitor out on the KPA). Our opinion is that a very large number of Rigs are very bright. Makes me wonder if shared Rigs are often profiled mainly to be used for recording/studiowork? We exclusively use the KPA for live use, rehearsals and gigs.

Anyway we tend to set KPA eq fairly flat on the chosen Rigs, then adjust monitor out eq. In my case reducing Treble and Presence a bit depending on acoustics of the room I sometimes reduce bass as well. My early hard rock loving mate actually prefers using cab sim on, gets a little more mids and cuts a bit of treble.

Good luck :)

• Congratulations to your Kemper :thumbup:

In general people recommend DI Profiles to be used with a guitar cab. Try to work your way trough Rig Exchange and see what you can find and like.
    I personally haven't made a comparison yet whether a DI or regular profile sounds better or the same to me. I also use my Kemper with a 4x12 guitar cab with disabled cab at the monitor out for rehearsal. To me the rigs I tried so far all sounded very good that way and I didn't feel the need to go hunting for DI profiles. Guess you have to find out what works best for you.

This! ^ ^ ^

I went through this myself, using a Matrix GT1000FX and en Engl 2x12 cab. I noticed that some stock KemperAmps profiles, which at first audition with studio monitors and/or headphones did not really appeal to me, were totally awesome through monitor out (cab disabled) with the matrix/engl cab... there's a mesa profile I remember being absolutely great.

Now those KemperAmps profiles are part of my favs, even for recording!

Congrats on your new Kemper unit! :thumbup:

• Thanks for you comment Lightbox, this will be big help someone. :thumbup:

Just tried to wrap the same mantra in different words ... You really should try to go FRFR because that's where the Kemper Profiler really shines.
    Of course it certainly depends on what you try to achieve with the Profiler and you're free to do whatever you want. :)
    But for me it's hard to imagine to get a nice and convincing vintage Fender Deluxe sound from a 2x12 Mesa cab (as an example). The Profiler is so versatile and you probably loose half of its versatility if you stick with one specific guitar cab.

But don't take this to serious. Most important is that you're happy, of course. :)

Cheers,
    Martin