Dr Z Z Wreck

• A friend of mine has this amp and we are talking of profiling it, this will be my 1st time profiling just wonder if any things I need to be careful of ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cyber :thumbup:

• Keep it simple. You can do what you want but mic into tube pre amp into Kemper works lovely. Make sure you have your monitor\Kemper in another room to hear the differences clearly. With the Dr Z's they are very sensitive to touch so during the profile stage before refining adjust pick and clarity to 1.0 and see if you feel they are closer dynamically with those settings. It worked for me anyway.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Keep it simple. You can do what you want but mic into tube pre amp into Kemper works lovely. Make sure you have your monitor\Kemper in another room to hear the differences clearly. With the Dr Z's they are very sensitive to touch so during the profile stage before refining adjust pick and clarity to 1.0 and see if you feel they are closer dynamically with those settings. It worked for me anyway.

Cool good advice thanks :thumbup:

• At this point I cannot tell you 100% that the Mic preamp is a game changer since I did profile my Orange before and it sounded good. I am going to make another profile of my Orange for comparison so I know first hand what difference it makes. I just wanted to try putting it in the line to add some warmth and liked the result with the Dr Z. I will let you know from my perspective if it makes a night and day difference or not. You might try it for yourself and see. Other than that just capture the amp and you have a winner.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• At this point I cannot tell you 100% that the Mic preamp is a game changer since I did profile my Orange before and it sounded good. I am going to make another profile of my Orange for comparison so I know first hand what difference it makes. I just wanted to try putting it in the line to add some warmth and liked the result with the Dr Z. I will let you know from my perspective if it makes a night and day difference or not. You might try it for yourself and see. Other than that just capture the amp and you have a winner.

Ok cool will try both and see how I get on, it's a 1st attempt so not got high hopes but hey who knows ;)