Clarification regarding profiling process?

• Does any part of the starting profile survive the profiling process?

Or, to ask in a different way: how does the starting stack profile affect the outcome of profiling a new amp?

Soundwise, the starting profile, which is also used as reference rig before starting the profiling, has no impact on the profile you take. However, the active stomps and effects in the reference rig are copied to target profile and even used during profiling, which is something i wasn´t aware of until yesterday in the middle of a profiling session.

After switching back to browse mode and editing a few of the profiles i had just taken, i ran into the problem that the KPA gave me errors like "amp too noisy" or "noisegate detected", which i never had before. I nearly lost my mind and kept rebooting everything but no luck. After 1 hour i realized that the rig i used before going back to profiling mode had a booster and a noise gate active in the stomp slots. Those were the reason why the profiling failed as those stomps were active on the profiling chain itself.

Since i almost never use distortion stomps or boosters my question is if this has always been like this?

• That's what I thought, too. At least that's the impression I got from the instructions.

It seems, at least from my own limited experience, that setting the return level by watching the output LED is all that's really necessary.

• Soundwise, the starting profile, which is also used as reference rig before starting the profiling, has no impact on the profile you take. However, the active stomps and effects in the reference rig are copied to target profile and even used during profiling, which is something i wasn´t aware of until yesterday in the middle of a profiling session.

After switching back to browse mode and editing a few of the profiles i had just taken, i ran into the problem that the KPA gave me errors like "amp too noisy" or "noisegate detected", which i never had before. I nearly lost my mind and kept rebooting everything but no luck. After 1 hour i realized that the rig i used before going back to profiling mode had a booster and a noise gate active in the stomp slots. Those were the reason why the profiling failed as those stomps were active on the profiling chain itself.

Since i almost never use distortion stomps or boosters my question is if this has always been like this?

I suspected a potential flaw here, and I looked it up.
    The stomps are not in the profile chain or loop, they have never been.
    Additionally they are switched off during the profile procedure.
    I cannot explain, why you have got into trouble.

• I suspected a potential flaw here, and I looked it up.
    The stomps are not in the profile chain or loop, they have never been.
    Additionally they are switched off during the profile procedure.
    I cannot explain, why you have got into trouble.

Christoph, thanks for looking it up, but i can definitely replicate the problem. I am on version 8750B and just tried it again. I have two identical starting rigs, that i choose prior to profiling in browse mode. The only difference between them is that one has the metal EQ as boost activated and the gain reduced as well as it has the 4:1 expander with a treshold of around 4. When i switch to profiling mode the setup without the booster and the noise gate profiles without any problem. When the booster is on while profiling, i get "External Amp too noisy! Please Reduce Gain..." When i switch off the booster, it profiles without a problem...