Kemper and Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 reamp help

• Hey guys,
    I'm coming from using the Line 6 Pod HD500 so this is all new territory for me. I've tried looking through previous posts from other users and followed all the steps listed on the wikpa site to no avail.

I have the spdif out on the kemper to the spdif in of the focusrite and the spdif in on the kemper to the spdif out of the focusrite. I have the main monitor outputs on the focusrite going into krk rokits. The guitar is going into the direct output/send.

On the kemper the spdif input is ticked. The spdif out is set to Master Stereo and direct output is set to Git Analog.

The mixcontrol looks like this;

[Blocked Image: http://i44.tinypic.com/2ezoiuv.jpg]

The daw i'm using is Presonus Studio One 2 and this is where I get stumped. I'm not entirely sure how to setup the inputs and outputs when trying to record. If anyone can tell me if i'm doing anything wrong so far and help out with the daw side it would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers

• The SPDIF-Outputs are both off on this picture. With my Scarlett 8i6 the SPDIF-Outputs are on 7 and 8, so I have to dial in input 7 or 8 in my DAW.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Hey gang, I did a tutorial explaining how to use the Focusrite audio interfaces & MixControl software to record & reamp with the Kemper Profiler. Hope this helps. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers,
    Martin

• That's a high quality tutorial Martin, thanks a lot. looks terrific as well, what software did you use?

I'm getting to grips with my new Liquid Saffire 56, although I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm hazy on the actual outputs. I'm used to a section of output faders from my previous audio device. With the Saffire once you map your mixes to the outputs in the router screen is it just a case of using the master faders of that mix to control the output? Hope that makes sense...

Thanks - your continued contributions to this community are much appreciated!
    Brett

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• That's a high quality tutorial Martin, thanks a lot. looks terrific as well, what software did you use?

I'm using Techsmith Camtasia since many years, it's the best screen recording software by far (on Windows).

With the Saffire once you map your mixes to the outputs in the router screen is it just a case of using the master faders of that mix to control the output? Hope that makes sense...

That's true as long as you make sure, the corresponding outputs are set to grey in the Monitor Section. If these small buttons are blue, then the output level is controlled by either the large volume knob below or the hardware knob on the frontpanel. If these buttons are grey, then they are not linked to the above volume knob.
    This whole approach can be confusing, because if you're using mixes for your outputs, you can control the level with the Mix master fader and with the monitor volume knob. That's why I said, you better make sure you have all monitor outputs other than 1 & 2 set to grey- :)

Hope that makes sense. I'm much better explaining things in videos than by text, hehe.

Cheers,
    Martin

• Thank you for the hard work on the tutorial! I'm still trying to get my head around this all but the video has definitely helped :)

• Great tutorial Lightbox but one question :

Wont you have to switch the Kemper Output back to SPDIF Master Stereo ( for example) so as to not re-record the Git/Stack again on your Cubase Reamp Guitar Audio track?

• Great tutorial Lightbox but one question :

Wont you have to switch the Kemper Output back to SPDIF Master Stereo ( for example) so as to not re-record the Git/Stack again on your Cubase Reamp Guitar Audio track?

Hi Matt, thanks for your comment on Youtube and here. Looks like I forgot to mention that you certainly have to either switch S/PDIF Out to Master Stereo on the Profiler to record the wet stereo signal or without switching record the right (mono) 'Stack' channel to get the 'dry' reamped signal. Sorry about that.

• No worries Lightbox, I suppose this switch could be avoided if the Wet signal was recorded from Main Output. I was also toying with the idea of having Cubase send a MIDI CC to change the input automatically some how?

Matt.

• Hello, the tutorial has helped me a lot, but there is an entry in another daw to make sure I'm not making it in Reaper.

The signal arrives at kemper well, but back when assigning a bus for Reamping that this entry is not input asignarle.Can you please help me, I would be very grateful.