Questions from noob

• 1. Technically what does the kemper to switch off a cabinet if the rig has been profiled with it?

2. I've done my first profile and I've notice the profiled rig has one Booster On. Did the kemper activate this automatically because it thinks I had a stompbox in my real rig? (due to gain aount or what?)

3. When I did the profile, in profile mode the A/B was identical, i coulnd't difference between the real and the cloned tone. But when I switched to Browse mode I noticed more bass and a bit different tone, I turned off the cabinet cause I had the kemper conected to my powerstage of the amp, but still a bit different. Is this normal?

4. I profiled the preamp signal of the my Engl Savage too, instead of micing the cab I sent the amp's preamp's signal back to the Kemper through the FXLoop Send output. Is this better than micing and then turning off the Cab?.

• 3. When I did the profile, in profile mode the A/B was identical, i coulnd't difference between the real and the cloned tone. But when I switched to Browse mode I noticed more bass and a bit different tone, I turned off the cabinet cause I had the kemper conected to my powerstage of the amp, but still a bit different. Is this normal?

You probably answered your own question there. You're hearing the difference of the "preamp/poweramp" part of the profile and that with the cab/mic engaged. There's probably more bass in the cab/mic portion because of proximity effect.

• 1. Technically what does the kemper to switch off a cabinet if the rig has been profiled with it?

Technically does the KPA work like this (simplified) :

---A-B-C-D----AmpFilter----DistortionUnit----EQ----CabFilter----X-Mod-Dly-Rev----

If you switch off the Amp block then the AmpFilter and DistortionUnit are switched of.
    In case you switch off the Cab block then the CabFilter is off.

The parameters for both filters will be set during the profile process and can not be changed.
    (you can exchange both filters with filters from other rigs in your KPA)

Some parameters of the DistortionUnit will be set during the profile process.
    A part of them can be changed by the user in the amp block.

Some Amp and Cab advanced parameters must be set by the user (will not be automatically set during profile).

Unfortunately is it physically not possible to find exactly (by profiling amp and cab at the same time) which part belongs into the AmpFilter and which into the CabFilter.

e.g. the power amp character is stored for a great part in the CabFilter - the same is true for the amp tone stack settings.

In most cases is it best to profile the amp and cab together - to get the best sound for FRFR.

On the other hand is it best to profile the amp only (without the cab) to get the best results for use via guitar speakers.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de