New User: Imported Profiles give no new Amplifiers

• All:

I just got my Kemper yesterday and I have got a lot figured out. What I have not figured out is the relationship between "Amplifer," Cabinet," and "Rig." I understand that a "Rig" is all of the stomps, the stack, and the effects put together. The issue is, when I import a new profile of an amplifier that I do not current have loaded on the Kemper, when I edit the Amplifier by using the Amplifier button, I see the name of the new amplifier, but when I go to change the Amplifier on a different Rig, it does not show up under Local Presets, nor "From Rigs." If I go to the newly imported Rig and choose "Store," I can then choose the new Amplifier and Cabinet from "From Rigs." Why does that Amplifier not become a "Local Preset" once I store it? The situation with the Cabinet works the same way for me.

I think what I expected is, when I import new .kipr files, I would get new Amplifiers and Cabinets under "Local Presets." It seems that they never make their way to "Local Presets." It seems that the only way to reuse that Amplifier and Cabinet is to "Store" the newly imported profile, then choose the Amplifier or Cabinet "From Rigs" on a different Rig.

Is there not a way to import Amplifier and Cabinet profiles separately from Rigs? Can I split Amplifiers and Cabinets from Rigs?

Thanks for your help,

RMG

• The amps and cabs should show up under "From Rigs", when you browse.
    That's why it is not necessary to store them as a local presets.
    Please try again.

The purpose of Local Presets is to store dedicated data, that will be reused for sure.

• Spot on, gentlemen. I just needed to understand the philosophy. Everything is working very well. I suppose I expected a bank of amplifiers to choose from. I didn't realize they would be devided between local presets and from rigs.

Again, all is good. I'm getting wonderful tones. I profiled one of my amps this morning and it's simply amazing how accurate the profile is.

C Kemper, thank you for continuing to develop the OS. I was ready to abandon digital gear after 5 years of Line 6 products. Your KPA has once again made me a believer. I'm proud to be a KPA owner and will try to help the cause as best I can. Thanks again.

-rmg

• The philosophy is: Local Presets are entities that you or we find worthy to store individually.
    Since the profiles make the most sense, when amp and cab are both in their sweet spot, we never made an individual choice of amp or cabs. The best pool is the rigs themselves, so we offer the "From Rigs" browse to have access to all of them.
    Then if you find some valuable amps or cabs for later use in another context, make your own local preset pool.