How did YOU find the colleagues playing in your band?

• I often wonder how YOU have found the mates in your band. I can imagine that there are sometimes funny and interesting stories behind it.
    Is it karma or coincidence? Destiny? Anyway, we are sharing a lot of experiences with all those singers and drummers and when a little bit of success
    appears, it can get nasty sometimes ... | or brilliant or fun ...
    At this moment in time it's getting a little bit frustrating for me., I cannot find musicians to play with and when i finally find a singer - the most important person -
    he has personal problems and leaves the town ;( .

So, how did you find your band? I for instance write songs, play guitar and bass, so usually i try to find a singer first. Anyway, here is one of my stories.

• I found the singer of my best band "Morgenstern" (morning star) via an ad in the local paper "kurz&fündig" (lost&found is a free but senseful translation) where
      you can place small printed ads for free and bigger ones for a small fee, or in recent times in the internet, ofcourse. The text was: "Guitarist wants to turn pro, likes
      Whitesnake, Bad Company and Free. Looks for musicians." - The singer apeared a week later in my basement flat , the rhythm section followed a week later. We
      recorded a CD three years later and disbanded after the rollercoaster ride of my life, when records labels were at first interested an then left negotiations one after the other.
      that was too much, but due to this little paper i had the most intense time of my life.
    • Can you share some of your stories? How did you find your band?

Kind regards, Geraldo

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Hahaha, I placed an ad in a Internet based forum: "Alter Sack sucht alte Säcke zum Rockmusik machen!" which translates to "Old fart seeking old farts for playing rock music". A week later I've met the drummer and the keyboard guy. Three months later we had a bass player and we were a band, well, kind off, I mean we got all the official roles occupied: drums, guitar, key, and bass, but it sounded horrible! 8o Just found some old recordings... yikes!
    Nine years and a couple of gigs later, I'm the last one of the original gang of drums, key, guitar and bass, enforced now by main vocals and a additional guitar. Um ja, there was no record deal or any other fancy career outlook, just a band playing in a cold war bunker for fun and a couple of beers every week!
    Rock on, dudes!

• I find those stories always very touching. Especially those of that kind: met them for a beer, jammed a bit, next thing we knew: we are playing the Royal Albert.
    It is some kind of fairy tale in our modern times, is it not? Thanx for sharing!! :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Okay craigslist. First try, and the quintet was full one week later and they all lived happily thereafter?
    Bumping this for more stories, pleeze!