Factory Reset/Restore

• I have gone back and forth between firmware versions numerous times and I am just wanting to update to the newest 2.1.1. I would ideally like to do a factory reset/restore prior to doing the update just to ensure everything is cleaned out. I have backed up all the profiles I have tweaked and care to save.

What is the best way to do a reset/restore? Is it still advisable to do the flash of memory as described here? How to reset your Kemper to factory defaults (I solved all my problems) PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES

Thanks,
    Derek

• Hi,

No need really to reinit the flash to be honest unless you are having major problems with your unit.

You could however format the flash which will clear all your rigs and your KPA will then be empty except for the original Rig based on the first profile C.Kemper took (that is the story behind this profile).

Then, shut it down again and hold the system button while booting (not sure that is necessary but this what I do to make sure all is cleared).

Update the firmware next to the level you want.

Only after the firmware update load the factory rigs, you will the have the latest version of what has been released.

Cheers,

Marc.