KEMPER LIVE - About Poweramp + Cab (and DI profiles)

• I've been trying out the Kemper through tube poweramp+cabinet. Last saturday I play the first gig of the tour with it and i think i will do for the rest.

Here there are some conclusions:

- A typical profile (profiled with the preamp+poweramp+cab+mic): CAB OFF - Sounds good but not great. The Kemper is 'removing' the cabinet artificially.
    -
    Profiling just the preamp section of an amp (through FX LOOP SEND) -
    Sounds great, both CAB ON and CAB OFF, just a matter of taste.

I
    wish everybody who profile the miced amp would profile the preamp
    output, it is very easy to do and very useful for people who use kemper live
    with poweramp + cab. I did it myself with some Engl amps I profiled and uploaded to the comunit
    y.

- Another important thing I must say about this is that when using kemper+ tube poweramp + cabinet there is not big difference in sound between the amps. Tube poweramp and cabinet is 70% of the tone, so don't expect huge differences lets say, between an Diezel and a Bogner.
    - The good thing of the kemper is that you have multiple options to edit a tone, so you can always tweak it until you get your final tone.
    - Effects are much better than I had expected.
    - MIDI board works great in performance mode, but I notice and listen the change of program.

My 2 cents.

Jevo

• I downloaded your Engl Pre...I'm trying it tomorrow...thanks, and yes, make more. :)

Have you tried the Kemper PRE pack, they sound great through the poweramp/cab.

My PRE's are not tweaked at all, are raw as they were captured... so you will have to tweak a bit I guess. I play live with my own Savage 120 PRE and it sounds awesome.

Thos DI you talk sound great but i think they are profiles of the Pre+Poweramp (output + DI Box), so when if I play it through my poweramp I am passing the signal twice thoruh poweramps.. I think.

• Hi,

I want to use my orange rockerverb head with 2x12 cab for rehearsels and some gigs..
    But how do you hooked them up?? :huh: In front of the amp in or??

I also want to play only with the rack and in ear...

thnx

• 1. Guitar to Kemper regular Input.

2. I guess the Orange has a Send/Return fxloop.
    Connect Monitor Out of the Kemper to Return in the amp. This way you are only using the poweramp of the amp.

3. Turn off the Cab button of the Kemper for better tone. Get preamp profiles, is better than siwtching off a cab hath has been profiled.

• Profiling just the preamp section of an amp (through FX LOOP SEND) -
    Sounds great, both CAB ON and CAB OFF, just a matter of taste.

I experienced the same thing.
    But for me there is no way, how i could use these profiles live :S
    Because i would like to use the main outs for FOH...
    If they make it possible to use the "send" for every profiling session, it would (propably) solve the problem and you could use the power head live with a perfect sound.
    (mdan suggested it a long time ago here : http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…ad&threadID=3743&pageNo=2)