Variax Tyler Jazz Guitar Sound plus Kemper

• Hi Waraba

thanks for your kind comment.

Your guitar sounds very good - a strong and thick tone. Did you add compression? The boomy thing with those hollow bodies can be a challenge and amp setting may be different from other solid bodies. This is absolutely right. The advantage of the Variax thing is that you can edit the pickup position etc to match everything to your taste. I really like a good clean sound when it comes with this woody element. The look of jazz guitar is also very nice but to be very open .... the Variax is so light and easy to play ...so I prefer when I need this solution. The real sound A/B comparison the Variax would loose of course but in the mix it gets more difficult to distinguish. Strange worlds somehow...
    I play usually with a pick and fingers (mixed) and usually play most notes with both hands. Depends on style of course
    Cheers and good luck with your L5 copy
    Sacapuntas

• Thx for your comments on my tone Diego ! This was my 1st actual recording of this Box . I went to several rigs and finally nailed a good tone out of DrZ28 amps and also D'lux cactus ( a factory rig ) with some tweaks ( Freq shifting on cab ) , I did swap the cabs to some very good fans and 2x10 open cabs as far as I remember. That beast is huge but the neck is really good, I like the challenge of making a good tone out of it ( mostly fender amps ) I have to try the goldie and other really vintage amps.

I almost never use compression , I guess this rich sound comes out of the wood actually.