new user, the amp factory question

• I have only bought one TAF pack so far - the Mark V. I am very impressed, moreso with the quality of the cab than the amp. I have some other Mark IV/V free profiles, and the amp profiles on those are very good; but the TAF cabinet blows away most free cabinets. The TAF amp profile is also excellent, but the qualitative difference isn't mind-blowing compared to free ones.

My only disappointment was that none of the baseline rigs were dialed in like I like. I still had to use a decent amount of pre and post EQ to get the sound I like. But I generally expect this.

Overall, I am very satisfied. I have NOT made my last TAF purchase. This rig was the first one that my jaw dropped - it made me feel like I had a real half stack in the room.

• I picked up TAF Bundle Pack 1 a few days ago. Outstanding tones. Even had a group of them created for my specific guitar (Les Paul). The free ones may require a bit of adjustment before you'll know if you have a winner. Many of them are very very good. I find I need to dial down the rig volume to play distortion profiles in my apartment and I may have to adjust the amp definition to soften the tone a bit (I prefer EL34's to 6L6's). EQ to your taste.