V30 China (normal) vs UK (mesa) comparison

• Speakers can sound different even if they come from the same assembly line.

i had a 4x12 v30 made in uk where one of them sounded different. i only realized it when i tried the speakers in 2 identical 1x12 :)

• Well this subject was discussed a lot in the past already. I heard that they moved the same machines to china that were used before to create the speakers in UK. The conclusion was the there is no general sound difference between china and UK celestions. But as said before the tonal differences between two speakers of the same kind can be huge. Even the 4 speakers within a 4 x 12 can sound totally different.

• I have both and there is definitely a sound difference between the Mesa and standard versions. The Chinese versions are very harsh until broken in where the Mesa's sound stiff at first. When broken in the China version sounds slightly more hifi where the Mesa has a slightly lower mid and high focus. Personally I like to mix both in the same cabinet. Both are great speakers though the break in for the China version is terrible. The are not tolerable until broken in and this takes over a hundred hours. It's painful really.