Work in Progress, Comments appreciated

• When I listened to no. 2 I had to laugh because there's clearly going something wrong with how you use Jamstix.
    It sounds a bit like Animal from the Muppet show is playing... :)
    Again I recommend to learn to use it properly (at their forum).
    No. 1 isn't bad, but I clearly hear the static of the loops.
    Bass of course is much better now and guitar separation as well..

• The bass sounds worlds better now!

Your drum balance is still off though. A good way to check your balance is bring slowly the volume up from zero and listen which instruments you hear first, second and third while you raise the volume. First you should hear the snare and nothing else, then the kick and some guitars, then everything else. Now if I do that test on this mix the first thing I hear are the hihats and the bass guitar.

As a guitar player it's instinct to mix the drums in way too low, they're supposed to be pretty much the loudest part of any mix. A good way for checking balance is using commercial albums that you like the sound of and listen how loud the vocals, snare and kick are in the mix, and go back and forth between that track and your mix and fix the balance until it's the same.

• All very good tips and once again the recommendation for the tutorials at the recordingrevolution.com where you can learn all this in tiny 3-minutes portions.

• All very good tips and once again the recommendation for the tutorials at the recordingrevolution.com where you can learn all this in tiny 3-minutes portions.

Yup, those are awesome. Watch every one of Grahams vids and try them out even if you think you know the subject of the video. There were lots of small things I was doing wrong that I learned to do correctly by watching and implementing them in my mixes. And don't be afraid of some of the more complex sounding methods like sidechain compression, all of it is really simple after you've done it once.

And don't skip any of the videos even if you think you already know the lesson!
    http://therecordingrevolution.com/5minutes/

Playlist to the first series, easier to watch:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v…e9Lblc&list=RDEnhcve9Lblc

• Hi Geraldo, much better !!

The bass sounds great there , you did play it allright for me, and I actually like the sound, very credible to me, bravo !

Regarding the drums on 2.02 I know what's happening , you cannot change the whole drum part ( as a wav) without replaying/recording all the other parts , you have to play with the drums as a reference and get the groove from the drums. The way you did , changing the drums afterwards, will never let you get the right timing & groove which is the main reason to get a drummer in a band !!!

So keep it up with the 2.01 as far as drums are concerned. The snare is too much in the foreground for me, and now the guitars sound a bit weak , you'll have to work on the main mix & EQ as the others suggested, adjusting levels panning and EQ a bit.

Dont' you have a keyboard or VST to add a bit of hammond in the background ??

Bonne chance Geraldo !

• I wanted to post version 2.03. here but i have serious problems understanding mixing superior drummer. the hihat is too loud and
    the crash not loud enough although it is at maximum level inside the SD mixer. jamstix still after third installation sounds better but still like kermit is drumming,
    dont know why. and i will try to mix much later but will keep nakeds hints in mind.

anyway it was a pleasure to share this with you and i will keep you updated once the keyboarder in on board. thx, i like the song much better now.
    and my students like part D the most. by far.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• The easiest way would be to route all the drums to separate tracks from Superior, then you can treat them any way you want.

Once you load the plugin as a new vst instrument track, pick yes when it asks if you want additional tracks. Then route the drums from the Superior internal mixer to those tracks (where it says Out 1 by default under the fader, click on that and pick the tracks from the drop down menu, out 2, out 3, etc).

• The easiest way would be to route all the drums to separate tracks from Superior, then you can treat them any way you want.

Once you load the plugin as a new vst instrument track, pick yes when it asks if you want additional tracks. Then route the drums from the Superior internal mixer to those tracks (where it says Out 1 by default under the fader, click on that and pick the tracks from the drop down menu, out 2, out 3, etc).

This! Superior drummer is avery raw sounding library.
    Each drum Instrument should be treated separately, especially compressed and also EQ'd if necessary.

• Thanx guys, i have 32 tracks for SD only, this makes a mess while mixing, but i knew this.
    the strange thing is: crash is on max on lets say track 5-6 and hihat is in 50% on lets say track 11-12 and still the hihat is louder ?( ?( ?(

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• Thanx guys, i have 32 tracks for SD only, this makes a mess while mixing, but i knew this.
    the strange thing is: crash is on max on lets say track 5-6 and hihat is in 50% on lets say track 11-12 and still the hihat is louder ?( ?( ?(

Adjust (lower) the bleed of the hihats into the other microphones, especially the overheads.