Incorrect Rig Count in v2.2.1

• I don't know if this has already been reported, but I'm running the latest v2.2.1 beta. I decided to delete all of the rigs on my KPA except for my favorites, and then reload just the rigs that I think I'll use in the future.

I started out at the maximum number of rigs (1000) and performed the "delete non-favourites" function. Then I inserted a USB stick in the KPA and attempted to perform an "import". The KPA displayed a message that said I was at the maximum allowed and wouldn't import the rigs on the USB stick.

I powered off the KPA, powered it back up, and then I was able to import the rigs I wanted.

This isn't a big deal, but when rigs are deleted the total count should be properly adjusted.

:thumbup:

• It might have to do with the following.

From the wiKPA:

Q: I've been deleting lots of rigs. Yesterday the count was showing me 1300 when I turned the KPA off, today I start again and the count is at 1700 !! and I see some rigs I'm sure I had deleted.. as I'm deleting now I see the count lower 1 at a time.
    A: [[timo]] I assume that the actual rigs are deleted, yet, the data structures think they are still there. You can fix this by creating a backup and restore the KPA from it right after it. During reboot, the sound content gets rescanned.

• nah, i did the exact same thing as the OP. I was at the rig limit, then I deleted non-favorites and tried to import. It still wouldn't let me. So I rebooted, then I could import again. It's like the rig limit is a flag set at boot time and unchanged by deleting rigs, at least via the delete non-favorites method.

• I agree. It seems that a reboot alone is not enough tho, according to Timo and what the OP did (unplugging): two different paths which seem to lead to the same result.

They are two different problems. In Timo's case, profiles that he had deleted re-appeared after a reboot. In my case, only the count of rigs was incorrect until I rebooted (none of the deleted rigs re-appeared). Not the "same result" at all.

Not that it really matters, but I didn't unplug the KPA's power cord from the wall outlet - I simply used the chicken-head knob to turn off the KPA. :)