Newbie Question on Merging Maurzio Rigs with Standard Rigs

• Hello Kemper experts,

I'm on Day 0 (My Kemper Profling Amp arrives later today) and I've had a chance to read some of the threads on naming and organizing rigs to keep things straight. Maurzio's naming convention and the work he's done seems like a great start for me and I'm eager to upload his latest set of rigs.

My question is on whether I still need to keep the standard rigs that come with the system or if I should remove them all before installing his backup set of rigs so that I do not have duplicate entries. Or, if there is a recommended process documented someplace please let me know.

Any advice would be appreciated. I plan to start digging in this evening.

Thanks!

Mike

• Welcome Mike!
    First of all: Enjoy the profiler!!!
    As awesome as Maurizio's work and system is:
    I think you are overthinking this.
    Take your time to find out the best approach that suits YOU.
    This requires that you have some quality time just playing the profiler, not organizing rigs.
    Don't dismiss the factory rigs, there are some real gems among them. Play them and play them and play them.
    Find out what YOU like and dislike and go from there.
    Only then you can tell if the system another user has created will really work for you.

• Hi Mike, welcome :thumbup:

I'm sure you'll have a great time playing the Profiler.

One good thing is that when you update FW factory rigs are not automatically added, and have to be imported. You can usually also d/l them by themselves, so you'll have the possibility to rename them on your computer before loading them.

HTH

• Thanks guys.

I got everything up and running nicely and I'm quite impressed by the sound quality of the unit and hope to do a bakeoff with a one of the rigs and my actual identical amp to compare head-to-head. I picked up a few of the rig packs and they are very impressive also.

Mike

• Enjoy the Profiler! I obviously feel your lust for checking if the machine lives up its promises of cloning a rig. But, TBH, it's been when I stopped asking myself "how does it sounds like" and started asking "how do I feel and like this" that I really started relaxing and enjoying the playing experience.

Don't get me wrong, the KPA is very good at what it has been designed for; it's just that I consider it a tool for making music now.

:)