12 inch round horn. Been looking for one of these for awhile.........anyone else have a source for the same thing in a different brand?

• http://www.parts-express.com/d…guide-1-threaded--270-312

I have some old 2X12 speaker cabs that I would like to turn into FRFR cabs for use with the Kemper. The woofer part was easy enough but I just wanted to find a horn that would fit into a 12 inch speaker hole without having to modify the baffle.
    Now I just have to find the right compression driver and crossover network so any suggestion on those would be appreciated as well.
    Thanks!

• Hey Tony,

hope this will come up in the right way ^^

Are you experienced in designing FRFR cabs? What result are you after? If you really want a linear, flat and transparent response the task may reveal tougher than expected.
    OTOH; if you just want a cab with a horn to play through, any result will suffice. But a really FRFR cab is much more than putting loudspeakers in a box.

Apologize if you are a professional or expert builder and are just looking for some missing piece! It's just that I've recently been hearing more and more frequently of such project, now that FRFR is becoming a kind of standard for digital devices and people want to save money and have fun building things by themselves :)

Peace and Axes

• Hey Viabcroce,
    I haven't found an FRFR that was actually Full Range Flat Response yet. IMHO they all color the sound in one way or another. BUT, I have a 2X12 Kustom tuck and roll cabinet in sparkle red that is too pretty not to take out in public. So I have to give this a shot and try to get as close as I can to an FRFR without modification to the cab.
    At this point, I am willing to sacrifice a certain amount of esthetic quality for a more promiscuous attitude. 8o

• I'm afraid you won't even get close to an FRFR system... but the red cab will be a show in the show for sure :thumbup:

Anyway, consider Atomic Amps CLRs. Those are FRFR.

PS: For playing guitar you don't need 0-100,000 Hz +/- 0 dB :D