Not remembering Input source and Master volume [SOLVED]

• Hi,
    sorry if this was already mentioned, but I found nothing on first ten pages of this section and google wasn't helping too.

Soft. ver.: 2.2.1.8963

After switching on my kemper:
    1) profiler doesn't remember Input Source (in my case Alternative Input) and every time is switched to Front Input.
    2) profiler doesn't remember Master Volume and every time it is very loud.

Points 1) and 2) applies to Browser mode as my Perfomance slots are empty.

It is somewhat uncomfortable adjust Input source and Master Volume every time after switching on my profiler.

I don't know if following informations are useful:
    46 rigs
    2 snapshots
    empty Performance slots
    no expression pedals and both in "<unplugged> off" state in System Menu
    guitar cable into Alternative Input
    2 xlr outputs.

What I am doing wrong? Or is it known bug?

Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter

Edited 2 times, last by chromos: Status to SOLVED ().

• Some addition:

1) Input Source shows Alternative Input in Input menu, but I must turn knob to other value (e.g. to Front Input) and back to Alternative Input to assign it.
    2) Main Volume (and Monitor, Direct and Headphone Volume) shows -12dB and Master Volume shows 5.0, but I must turn either Master Volume or every Volume knobs bellow display so that each output has the correct volume.

Your kemper remembers last state after switching off and on?

Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it.
    Laurence J. Peter

• Thanks for your answer.

For switching on/off I use chickenhead knob only. (And I left power cord unplugged from main outlet during night.)
    I didn't try every rig, only 4 or 5.
    Interesting thing is that _nonremembering_ is only about audio. Display shows correct and expected values (i.e. the last state before switching off).

Laurence J. Peter

• hi Chromos, I confim I have the same problem:
    Strange behaviour with new firmware

At this moment, I have 3 things that are wrong at load up:
    - master volume
    - headphones volume
    - reverb (didn't check for delay yet)

If I change the rig, the reverb comes back. I have to mention, on my KPA reverb is locked.
    If I change the volume by just 0.1, it comes back to normal

• Hi nightlight,
    I'm glad you're funny, my problem isn't serious so much. :) KPA has best sound and best feeling of every rig which I ever played and this is most important thing for me. But for others who would try help me I'll explain again one more:

KPA remember its last state before switching off. It is seen on display after switching on - each of problematic parameter has proper value: Input Source, Clean Sense, Output volumes and Choosen rig. But these correct and expected values are only displayed and audio doesn't reflect that. KPA wants guitar in front input, Clean Sense is somewhat high, output volume (every analog output, don't know about s/pdif) is much much louder and rig sounds very different (is it Initial rig? don't know).

Laurence J. Peter

• Thanks lef38. Can you try Clean Sense please? If your Input LED goes from green with playing, you can lower Clean Sense to its minimum so Input LED is always green. After switching off/on you should see Input LED going from green even if Clean Sense shows -12.0dB.

I have these things that are wrong at load up:
    - Master Volume (XLR) and Headphone Volume (didn't try any other output)
    - Clean Sense
    - Input Source
    - Rig
    - don't know about reverb as I don't use it.

I don't get it. KPA is nothing as PC where every unit is almost unique. We all have the same hardware and I hope the same firmware (last release) too. Why this behaviour doesn't affect everybody?

(I will be away from now to Sunday evening).

Laurence J. Peter

Edited once, last by chromos: typos. ().

• I exchanged many e-mails with Burkhard (thank you) about problems with my KPA, but we have not found a solution, unfortunately. In last e-mail Burkhard told me to try previous firmware version, which I did.

Then I downgraded to previous version 2.1.1 (8823) and problems 100% solved.

After upgrading to current firmware 2.2.1 (8963) old problems occured again. Then I downgraded again and everything is perfect!

It seems I am stuck with 2.1.1 firmware for some time.

Laurence J. Peter

• I installed fw. 2.7.0.10418 and everything solved. I don't know if fw. 2.2.1 (8963) was incompatible with my kemper or reason for its forgetfulness was broken ribbon cable (as I mentioned in other thread).
    SOLVED.

Laurence J. Peter