Kemper sounds power starved...

• I have been using my KPA with great success for about 2 months (full disclosure - KPA was purchased used). Never had any problem from day 1. Since about 1 week, when the unit is turned on, it sounds fine for about 5 mins. After that, it sounds as if it is power starved: volume drop, no definition, no attack, and profiles sounds almost all the same. Not usable.

I am monitoring through headphones. Have tried: changing headphones, cables, guitars, and power outlets in the house. Same problem.

What is driving me nuts is the fact that it works totally fine for 5 mins, and then the sound quality drops so much.

I think the KPA is still under warranty, so I will get it fixed. But does anyone have an idea what can cause the sort of problem I am describing?

Thanks!

Doktor

• My KPA's working without your problem, but I know similar problems from other hardware. Sometimes it can be caused by the temperature in your toaster in combination with a very fine scratch on an electronic board or a corrupt solder-point in a key position, that leads to your problem. The rising temperature can change the physical connections on the boards or the solder-points by letting pieces/electronics grow (or shrink after shutdown). But since electronic is involved and you cannot check the connections with professional tools for yourself everything can be the problem.
    I think the turn-in for repair is a good idea.
    Good luck!