LF+12+/Mission Pedal

• Ed/Knut,
    I don't remember if you are using the mission engineering pedal or not, but if so I just swapped out the on/off switch in mine and it makes a HUGE difference in toggling the stomp A slot.

I used to struggle in switching from Wah to volume as the switch is momentary and didn't have the normal hard click you get in a Wah pedal. Changed it out to a different switch with a positive click, works 100% of the time now.

Sean

• Forgot to mention that if you are trying to get beat scanner to work, you need to change the tap tempo different than what the auto programming wizard does.

Change it from a quick-tap to a momentary switch, and have the on command do the normal CC#30 with a value of 1, and program the off state to send CC#30 value 0.

That way when you press and hold the tap button it goes into beat scanner, and also still works as the normal tap tempo.

Sean

• Sean,

I am using a BOSS FV500. Currently as Wah Pedal only. But I am just starting to learn all the secrets of my new LF+12+ and it's programming.
    Have to admit, that there is still hours to spent to fully understand everything.

Currently I copied your approach in having most favored presets on first page and switching to stomp section, when selecting a new preset. Love it! Thanks for this idea! :thumbup:

Knut

• Sean, thanks for the info. What switch did you put in the mission pedal? I have it on my small board and 2 fv500s on another. No I don't need two boards. But I probably don't need all the other stuff I have including the Kemper. But, boys will be boys.

I haven't tried beat scanner yet but I will today. I'm leaving tomorrow for a week and I already miss the KPA.

Ed

• Hi Sean,

I am trying to copy your setup for manipulating the delay mix to various values (e.g. 30%, 70%, etc.) using steps. As far as I understood the different documentation correctly, I would have to send four CC# as supplement for the NRPN message.

Example (to change delay mix):
    CC# 98 Data 74
    CC# 99 Data 03
    CC# 06 Data ??
    CC# 38 Data ??

One more question please, sometimes the IA Slots do not sync properly the stomp names. Have you encountered this issue before?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Knut

• Knut,
    The setup is pretty easy and simple CC value commands.

So on the IA chosen, I have the following programmed in:

Step - 80%
    Midi command kemper. Cc#. 68 80
    Step - 100%
    Midi command. Kemper. Cc#. 68 102
    Step - 50%
    Midi command kemper CC# 68 50

This creates a loop of the three steps setting the delay mix to 80%, 100%, 50%, then circles back around to 80% again.

I can always email you a copy of the programming if needed.
    PM me if you want.

Sean

• In terms of syncing, yes sometimes I have to load in 3-4 presets to get all of the names in sync and not weird characters.

FAMC told me they were working with Kemper on a few sync issues.

I setup a page on the LF that is totally blank. So if I load that page it forces all LCD screens to go blank and force a refresh when I go back to the pages I use. It seems to work for now.

Sean

• Forgot to mention in the first message. The name of the step command comes from the windows on the right of the screen where you can label the steps. So the 80% or 100% you can name it whatever you want. Hope this helps.

Sean

• My nightmare experience with FAMC and my LF+ Pro+ order for you to enjoy.

After my last post in this thread, I had a business trip for 2 weeks and when I returned, I noticed that I couldn't pay and get the product shipped anymore. So I got in contact with FAMC and explained. They offered me to to re-activate my order, move me up the list again. Also they said that they will have new units coming in the same week. Sounded good and I agreed within 4 minutes of their reply.

Now another 3 weeks have gone and ... NOTHING. :cursing:
    This whole thing has been a nightmare for me from day one and I now decided to finally completely cancel my order. I've been waiting 3.5 months total with mental ups and downs included for free. But now I'm out and I'll be looking for another manufacturer that seems a bit more reliable and willing to sell and ship products.

PS: One more thing I would like to share. I got the same excuse for production and shipping delays, someone else got in April 2013. A factory had burned down and they are catching up on the waitlist soon. Always bad thing, when a factory burns down. But after one year still same excuse? Hmmm, don't know what to think about that.

• Sorry to hear about your experience with LF. I waited about 6 months for mine and yes, it was a painful wait.

If you ever get the chance to purchase one later, I would recommend the product. Works great and I feel it's the best solution available today, and is capable of a lot more than a normal KPA user will need. Pricey for sure, but works great when you get it setup.

• Good experience with LF here......I ordered two units (a 12+ and a Jr+) and received both of them within a week. One was not working properly (turned out the internal battery had a poor connection) - they replaced it promptly.

Regarding function, it is very good. The editor is terrific. The things you can do with the LF+ are mind boggling.

And joptunes has been a great resource - I have had several email exchanges with him and he has been a huge help.

IMO it is one of the most powerful controllers available at the moment (the other being the Mastermind GT - which is quite a bit more money). I was waiting for the Kemper FC but got tired of waiting and I had a hard time envisioning more functionality than the LF+.

Happy customer here. :thumbup:

• Hey jjborsa - could you please talk a little more about the mind boggling stuff you can do with the LF+? I have an old roland midi pedal that I programmed but your endorsement of the LF+ makes me wonder if there is something I am missing (I have thought about buying an LF+ but hard to justify considering I can turn all the effects on/off, tap tempo as well as assign rigs to different pedals with the roland and have 3 roland expression pedals for wah, pitch and gain and a volume on the foot controller). Thank you!

Edited once, last by SwAn1 ().

• You can program the colors of the lcd’s! ;)

Seriously though, every button is programable - times 2 - as you can have 2 functions per button. It is completely customizable - you can have as many pc buttons in any location you want - same for ia’s, or even just simple functions (page up page down etc). You can program each button to trigger and toggle or just plain trigger, you can have a single button programmed to do a sequence of things such as make a pc and switch to a new page (pages are awesome) in which all buttons are now, for instance, ia’s - such that you can hit a pc to select a rig, and instantly you have control of every parameter of the rig (joptunes taught me this trick). You can control various parameters with a mission pedal, including gain, delay feedback, delay mix etc as well as volume pitch wah etc. (I'm betting your roland can do this too, more of a kemper thing).

I have 2 LF+’s, basically both used as masters, one stage left, one stage right, and they mirror each other. Connected by a cat 5 cable.

It will accept midi data from the kemper for things like tuning, rig names etc

In the end though use what works for you - my LF's replaced 2 rim masterminds (not the gt's) which functioned very well for what they were.....the LF's are definitely fancier though!