Mission KP Pedal/Switch with Ground Control Pro

• hi all! so i've run into a speed bump. i got the mission kemper expression pedal with switch and it works great run directly into pedal1/2 of the back of the kemper. im trying to get it to work with my GCP through pedal 1/2 on the back of it to minimized cable runs etc. i have a trs from out 1 to pedal 1 of the GCP and a TS cable from out 2 to pedal 2. (tried trs as well, no difference in result)
    i set pedal 1 to control CC 001. and it works great. i would like to get the switch to control stomp a on/off which is where i place my wah block. when i do that, i can depress the switch and stomp a goes off for a second and then comes back on....

any suggestions??

thanks!

• Hey Cameron, what do you mean by "with switch" on the mission pedal? I was looking into that one because I also have a ground control pro. By the way how difficult was it to set the GCP up. I haven't gotten that far yet. Still trying to figure the KPA out. What set up procedures did you use? Is there something I could use to help with the set up?

Mojo

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• Sweetwater has a mission engineering pedal with a switch meant for the kemper and allows you to sl depress the switch to activate an effect ie wah on/off and then the expression pedal can control the wah range. However I'm finding that the ground control pro pedal inputs are meant for expression pedals and are not for on/off functions. Oh well!

Setting up gcp was easy. Under setup, go to midi and set your midi channel 1 to kemper. Under system on your kemper, set the midi channel to 1.

Choose a preset and press and hold edit. Choose kemper and a program change number that correlates to the preset you want. I typically set mine up in performance mode. You can then activate the expression pedal in the same section.

Setting up instant access requires you to know the cc# for each stomp/effect. Then you can set it up!

• Thanks for the reply. Thats is not what I thought about the GCP, are far as the inputs for the pedals go. I am just wondering if I should be patient and continue looking and waiting for an all inclusive midi controller???

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller