Need cab suggestions for Kemper!

• We're basically talking about two different things here.
    A guitar cab has got a very specific sound character, by which it's wanted. By swithing cabs using a real amp you can easily realize that the most part of the rig's sonic signature comes from the cab itself.
    A guitar amp *needs* a cab with a personality to express the sounds we have learned to love. The cab is part of the amp's sound.

The specificity with a digital simulator is that the sound personality is already written in the patches/profiles (how well, depends on the simulator's quality). When you use a profile, the cab signature is already present.
    At this stage, if you amplify it with a further guitar cab, it would be as if you mic'ed your real cab and sent the mic signal to another guitar cab rather than to PA.

It's not a matter of how many loudspeaker the original cab has, but of the ability to faightful reproduce that sound. That's why a good PA or a linear cab are many users' choice.

Keep on mind that onstage, you can have a wall of 4x12s but you usually put one mic in front of *one* cone... This is what arrives at audience, and what usually ends up in a record.

OTOH, you might want to kill the cab simulator in the KPA and use a guitar cab. If the resulting sound makes you happy, you're done! But all your sounds will gravitate around your real cab's signature, and won't generally be faithful to the profiles' original sounds.
    How much this is an issue solely depends on user's needs and preferences. What matters most IMO is that we know what we do, and don't harm anyone :)

• Why try to simulate a 4 speaker cab through a single speaker CLR?

Why not find a cab that sounds great with an amp profile that you like (without the cab simulation)?

In a coverband it can be great to get for example a clean fender champ for a funk-song and to change directly to a mesa 4x12 for a next hard-rocksong. In my experience this is in practice still hard to achieve really good. It's difficult to really blend in all these different amp/cab-profiles with a band-sound, as well as trough the p.a. as (predominantely) on stage. But with a lot of time and effort this can be done I guess.
    But what you can't achieve with a FRFR is the 'sound-experience' what you get from a good cab. A FRFR sounds great: hifi, open, nice dynamics. But a cabinet sounds organic: it's not only the speaker that makes the sound but the whole cab. You can capture the sound of the amp/cab extremely well, but you can't capture the experience of the cab. The feel of the amp is also captured very good.

I changed back from FRFR to cab. My drawbacks now: a) i've got only one cab sound for all my sounds, b) i can't play really soft. But on the plus side a) easy dialing in of sounds and fine tuning during performance, and of course b) a better sound-experience for me (and my bandmates are also pleased). Using the kemper live is still great with a cab: if you use a good cab profile (which matches the one you use) you still have and outstanding signal for the p.a., without the need of miking your cab.

If you are not in a coverband I guess the drawbacks are less severe, I would definatily go for a cab.

• Thanks for taking the time to answer. I'd like to make sure we are on the same page...

• I don't advocate using both a real cab and simulated cab. I'd use one or the other.
    • The KPA controls imply that I can discretely remove the cab simulation from the rig profile. If this is not true, then nothing I've said makes sense.
    • If you are trying to render the rig sound accurately, why mic a CLR from a KPA when you could take the signal from the Master out?

I guess if you're on a small stage without a decent PA and you want to want to hear the accurate cab simulations, in addition to the amp simulations, then a CLR makes sense. But, if you have a PA or you are in a studio, there shouldn't be any need for a CLR.

I hope that I when I turn off the cab simulation, I'm getting an accurate amp simulation through my cab. If I'm still getting significant cab artifacts,...

... well I still like the sounds I get anyway. :P

• i have a powerhead and i want to play with a 4x12 or 2x12 cab,not frfr system,because i´m old school¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

i test with a mesa 4x12 rectifier and the sound was good but a bit coloured to my hears.

A friend of mine recommend me to test with a marshall cab,wich is less coloured.

in what cab do you play your kemper?????'i reffer to real cabs¡¡¡thanks