Passive CLR?

• Hi there. I did ask this in my other thread but I think it's been forgotten, so I'm just gonna ask it here. :)

I've got the Power Head, and it's great but I'm using it through an Orange PPC212 currently, which obviously denies me the variety of cabs that I could be hearing.

I'd ideally like a cab sized speaker, 2x2, for cosmetic reasons as well as practical; we don't use a PA at practice and I like the look of a 2x12. I guess that CLR would be preferable? I live in the UK.

Can anyone recommend me a product based on those preferences? Thanks. :)

• The passive CLR are 8 Ohms with Speakon connectors.
    You can't simply connect 2 of them to your Profiler's Speaker Out, although the CLR has Speakon Through.
    That's because the Speakon through is parallel, which makes the 2 x CLR system 4 Ohms total (below specs of the Profiler's power amp).

• Hey phil,

There's something i must be missing on both of your threads. You say you want a 2x12 but ask about the CLR. Would you please rephrase your question?
    I'd advice you to buy the CLR over the matrix if you want a real FRFR

:)

• I have the PowerHead but got the active CLR. I have no idea how the passive compares but I can highly recommend the active. Prior to getting it I was playing the Kemper thru an Earcandy 1x12 Sovereign with a Scholz Sugarcone. It sounded OK but compared with the CLR it's like night and day. The clarity and definition of the various cab profiles I've been auditioning is amazing. It really brings out the best in the Kemper.

• Yes, I'm knew to all of this. The terms are somewhat new to me. Although I am aware of of the difference and have not 'mixed them up'. Please bear with me.

We've already established that you can't deliver a 8 ohm 2x12 cabinet into the Kemper because it will make it 4 ohms. I'll rephrase.

Is there a 2x12 CLR made by anyone anywhere (not just by Atomic as CLR is a term first and a product name second) that is 16 ohms? That's avaliable in the UK or Europe? If not, what is my next best alternative. The Atomic will just cost me too much in tax and delivery, is it worth that much more than the Matrix?

Edited 2 times, last by PhilUK84 ().

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(made by Ingolf & Günter Haas, both Kemper users and members of this community)

• So they believe that the Q12 is superior. Nice.
    !

Nope.
    We don't believe this and didn't come to a conclusion like this!
    I (CLR owner) was surprised how good (powerful and neutral) the Q12a appeared side by side to the CLR.
    And Günter (Q12a) owner was more than content to see and hear that the Q12a could hold up well.

We have been criticized a lot for our methodology (or lack of it ;) ) but the video only tried to show an everyday scenario.
    And the differences were negligible, here in the room, nothing more, nothing less.
    That said, I still would buy the CLR again.

• OK, now I got you!
    You're looking for a more linear and transparent 2x12 cab.
    Have a look at KPA-Solutions.
    Here's a flat (but not full range) 2x12 which you might like. They also have a passive version. They're located in Germany.

PS: The AA CLRs are sold in Europe from GB, so no crazy expenses: just 29 € to Italy, for example :D
    With about 940 € at the door you can get an active cab or wedge.

• Okay thanks guys. I'm on the list! It's not usually good to be on lists but there are always exceptions.

I bought a Matrix passive, it came this morning! Is there any settings I need to ensure are on/off in my Kemper, like output settings etc?

One separate question, do the fuzz pedals work okay for single coils for you guys? Seems like there's a lot of noise for me.