My Kemper is DEAD... :(

• I have had the Kemper for only about 3 months. I was playing it at home, shut it down to run out and when I came back, NOTHING... It won't power up at all. I let it sit (as explained by other threads) and still NOTHING... Is there a fuse that could have blown?? HELP... ?(

Thanks
    JoeR

• http://www.sweetwater.com/swee…shooting-wont-reactstart/

You did the first one, try the others:

Reprinted from Sweetwater website:
    Kemper Profiling Amp Troubleshooting – Won’t react/start
    Article #1718363
    If your Kemper Profiling Amp has become unresponsive or won’t start up anymore, here are some things you can try to resolve your issue:

***Before taking these steps, it is recommended that you make a backup of your rigs just in case they are lost during any of these processes.

Profiling Amp is unresponsive:

Power off the unit
    Disconnect the power
    Wait a few minutes
    Plug back in and turn the power on
    Profiling Amp no longer starts up:

This problem is usually caused by a corrupt file. There are a few ways to reset to the previously used settings.

Reset to last used Rig:

Power off the unit
    Hold the “Rig” key and switch the amp to Tuner mode
    Reset MIDI settings:

Power off unit
    Hold “Quick” key and switch the amp to Tuner mode
    Reset System Settings (all settings will be erased, rigs will remain):

Power off the unit
    Hold the “System” key and switch the amp to Tuner mode
    If the above steps did no solve your problem, try reinstalling the firmware by following these steps:

Download the latest Kemper Profiling Amp firmware
    Transfer the “kaos.bin” file to a USB flash drive
    Plug the USB drive into the Profiling Amp
    Press and hold the < and > keys and switch the amp to Tuner mode
    Wait until the firmware has been reinstalled

• I have had the Kemper for only about 3 months. I was playing it at home, shut it down to run out and when I came back, NOTHING... It won't power up at all. I let it sit (as explained by other threads) and still NOTHING... Is there a fuse that could have blown?? HELP... ?(

Exactly the same problem I had with mine which is currently back at Kemper being fixed :thumbdown: And they have now had it a month (do appreciate Xmas has got in the way) but I feel it should be back soon as a months or more turnaround for a unit in the pro price bracket is a bit of a joke for working musicians.

• Further to the above, have been in contact with Kemper today and they are saying their turnaround time for repairs is about a week, so to be fair I guess the delay is with the importer / supplier etc..........
    We shall see. :S

• Hi Cybertwin - what have Andertons said? I seem to recall you got yours from them about the same time as me.....

I posted it back to them on the 14th December, they only sent it back the 11th January saying they couldn't get hold of Kemper over the Xmas period to sort a return......... Who knows what the truth is, am just hoping Kemper are good to their word and do a weeks turnaround. :whistling:

• I posted it back to them on the 14th December, they only sent it back the 11th January saying they couldn't get hold of Kemper over the Xmas period to sort a return......... Who knows what the truth is, am just hoping Kemper are good to their word and do a weeks turnaround. :whistling:

Sounds like a stuff-up with posting it out from the UK..... I cannot imagine Kemper would be shut down from the 14th.....

• No me neither but they were if you believe Andertons !!!!!!!

I've always thought that guitar shops in the UK had a really laid back approach, in some ways this is a very good thing but when something breaks it's not so good! I think that most stores have some way to go in this area, it's not like we're talking about spending £50 on something here.

Sorry to hear about all you guys who's KPA died, it sucks whatever the circumstances.

Spence

• I tried all the key combinations and still nothing. I got an email from Kemper US GM that they will send me an RA.. I can see it now, shipping to Germany, repair and return shipping... What a mess... This should not crap out in 3 months. And I baby this thing....

As a working musician that sold most other gear to use and buy the Kemper, they are leaving me hanging here for I'm sure weeks.

Might have to re-think my strategy. This is not good when you have gigs every week...

Thanks
    JoeR

• What makes you think that the unit will be send to germany for repair?
    There are two certified service centers in the states. One in LA and one in Dallas.