Mono switch on Headphone out

• I would like a way to turn the headphone output to mono. I recently did a gig at the KPA for IEM use (signal from the mixer to the aux input), got the sound engineer but only a mono cable provided. Thus, the mix signal is audible only on one side, which is not suitable for practical use. Since the handset of my IEM system unfortunately can not be switched to mono, a switch in the KPA output section would be great. :thumbup:

Play it like you mean it.

• If you can live without headphone space and your guitar in stereo, use one of those outputs in the back instead of the headphone out (main, monitor, direct ;) )

Possibly the best way is getting a y-adapter, so your provided mono cable splits into two mono cables - one right, one left.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Thank you malleus, I knew this.

I use the KPA sometimes as a control unit for my IEM:

Normally I connect two 1/4 plugs into the Alternative Input and the Return Input, the other end into the mixing desk (with a Stereo to Dual 1/4-Inch Male Mono Y-Cable Adapter). With the Aux In > Main volume on page 5 of Output menu I can control the proportionate between the guitar and the monitor signal, this works great.

The mixing desk was very far away and my Y-cable was too short. The technician had in this length only a mono cable but in this case I can not use because the monitor signal can be heard only on one side (and the guitar on both sides). Since the possibility to switch the headphones signal to mono would have been great.

So I came up with the idea to make the headphone output mono switchable

• The mixing desk was very far away and my Y-cable was too short. The technician had in this length only a mono cable but in this case I can not use because the monitor signal can be heard only on one side (and the guitar on both sides). Since the possibility to switch the headphones signal to mono would have been great.

Not sure I got the whole picture right, but wouldn't it have been enough to use a Y adapter from FOH, so to split that mono signal into two mono signals?

• Y

Not sure I got the whole picture right, but wouldn't it have been enough to use a Y adapter from FOH, so to split that mono signal into two mono signals?

Yes you are right and now I have this Y-cable wherever I go. But would be easier the way by pushing a button and probably not a great technical effort to realize this...