Are we gonna get a looper?

• I think the amp/cab tone has gone as far as it's going to go, as per Mr CK's statements that the "tone engine" is extreme-a-dilla. I don't think of the looper as anymore than an add-on (and more importantly free) to an already great product. It would be nice to have one just to d*ck around with, y'know. And in that sense, it would be cool if the looper has a better quantize than what "normal" loopers like the Boss stuff have.

Hey, could this be one of the potential benefits of the beat detection thingie coming in the new firmware update? That would be so cool and I wouldn't put it past them ;)

• There are suggestions floating around -
    a different solution for the tonestack, different amp/cab separation to better compliment guitar cabs etc. - all core functions.
    The profiler is constantly improving and i hope the core functionality isn't beyond evolution.

With that said, a looper would do a lot of good. Both for tweaking or for live use, and the profiler definitely has the foundation to do it better.
    Maybe use a flash drive to store loops, as previously suggested?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I vote for no quantization, or at least to be able to switch it off.

If you can't time a single button press to define a loop, chances are you can't play with a metronome for a defined length.

This goes back to available record time. The more choruses recorded, the less effect a mis-timed loop end/beginning has. It becomes an occasional hiccup instead of a groove killer.

• I've never worked with a looper. Would the Looper be post Stack/FX? Would be cool if we could do the first take of the loop on rig A and then be able to switch to rig B.

• I've never worked with a looper. Would the Looper be post Stack/FX? Would be cool if we could do the first take of the loop on rig A and then be able to switch to rig B.

Here are some good reasons for using a looper.

1. Trying out new song/solo ideas and practicing.
    I place a looper set to post for this.

2. It's extremely convenient to use a looper when auditioning and adjusting sounds.
    Set the looper to pre to only get the dry string track. Play a good riff and loop it, now put the guitar down.
    Now you can start scrolling through different sounds and tweaking knobs without having to constantly play the guitar back and forth.
    This also works when auditioning your guitar sound when playing live. Loop a riff (even when the rest of the band is playing this part).
    Put down the guitar and walk out in front of the stage and hear what the audience will hear or listen to what the FOH sound guy is hearing.