Solution to use di profiles frfr,too?

• Hello!

I really like the sound of di profiles with my Powerhead!
    But there's a little problem about it :).
    If the cab simulation is set to on, it sounds great, but I really would like to have a good sound, I can send frfr, too!

(Btw ck wrote a few months ago, that they're working on it with integrating a di box to the profiling procedure that means the preamp sound and the cab would be separated perfectly. But until this update I need another solution :D)

Is there a cab/solution, that keeps the awesome di profile sound(with cab off) but also helps to get a good sound for frfr?

Sorry for my bad English, I hope you understand, what I mean :D

• Well, keeping cabsim on is exactly the way a FRFR cab should be driven. OTOH, it's advisable to keep cabs on with a di profile, so the profile sounds exactly as it was profiled.
    I must be missing the point tho... :huh:

:)

• So the DI profiles sounds bad with cabsims off into your cab? I found that the one I made sounds a bit crisper without cabsim, but still good. Actually liked the DI profile better with cabsim off into my cab. So with cabsim off into my cab, I changed the Kemper's cab into a "real cabsim", which actually worked pretty good for direct/fullrange.

Only did this to one DI profile I made myself, so YMMW! :)

• The point is that a DI profile is taken by definition w/o a cab. So switching cabs off on the Profiler is going to take out... what? Nothing but a part of the profile you took. Not that you can't like it this way, but it's not what was profiled.

• The point is that a DI profile is taken by definition w/o a cab. So switching cabs off on the Profiler is going to take out... what? Nothing but a part of the profile you took. Not that you can't like it this way, but it's not what was profiled.

Yeah, but the guy is wondering how he could use his Di profiles into FR speakers.

Replacing the cab on a DI profile with a cab from a "full" profile did actually make the profile work fine into fullrange speakers in my case.

• I'm not sure i understand you clearly enough,
    but in the master section of the profiler you can set up what goes where -
    so you'll get one full 'wet' signal on the left side and something else on the right.
    Maybe even use the monitor out and set it to 'guitar studio', which is a DI signal by definition.

You'll juse need two inputs on your FRFR, or a small mixer.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Yeah, but the guy is wondering how he could use his Di profiles into FR speakers.

Replacing the cab on a DI profile with a cab from a "full" profile did actually make the profile work fine into fullrange speakers in my case.

Thank you guys for the responses :)
    I know, that it works to replace the cab.
    But i was also looking for a few tips, which cabs to use for that! ;)