Uno4Kemper FCB, KPA and Eventide TimeFactor - Performance Mode Midi Problem

• Hello everybody,

I need some help with the Midi Switching of my new KPA Rack Unit and a Eventide Timefactor. I want to control the Kemper in the normal Uno4kemper way + transmit Tap Tempo and switching presets on the Timefactor - In Performance Mode.

Here's the layout of my Midi Connections:

U4K Midi Out - Kemper Midi In
    Kemper Midi Out - U4K Midi In
    Kemper Midi Thru - TF Midi In

This works great in Browse Mode, but i can't get everything to work in Performance Mode, which i would prefer to use live.

I did some research, and it appears that the U4K FCB switches the rig slots in performance mode with a combination of PC and CC that the Timefactor doesn't understand. When i use the Midi Learn nothing happens when i press the switches 1 to 5. Only switching Performances sends a signal that is the TF understands.

So i tried some other things:

For example:

U4K Midi Out - Kemper Midi In
    Kemper Midi Out - TF Midi In
    TF Midi Thru - U4K Midi In

This is the only way the preset switching on the TF works in performance mode - Seems that the Kemper sends out a PC control on the way back to the U4K. But the Tap Tempo doesn't work, because the U4Ks Tap Switch isn't directly connected with the TF, and the Kemper is (afaik) not able to send out Tap Tempo or Midi Clock on it's own.

For the sake of random trial and error I also tried this connection layout, which also works in Browse, but not in Performance mode.

U4K Midi Out - TF Midi In
    TF Midi Thru - Kemper Midi In
    Kemper Midi Out - U4K Midi In.

Did I miss/overlook something, or is there really no way to get this working in Performance Mode due to the limitations of the KPA? ?(

Thanks for your help in advance!

• I mounted the Timefactor in the back of my rack, i don't want to use pedals on the floor beside the midi-controlling U4K FCB. Even if i had it on the floor, i want to sync up the internal effects of the Kemper with the Timefactor without tapping two different switches.

It's no problem in the studio, but it gets complicated on stage...

• A MIDI MERGE box could be used to combine the Kemper MIDI THRU and OUT signals. That would send both the TAP controller, and the Kemper's sent program changes to the TF.

Note: You want a MIDI MERGE box that also allows the Kemper MIDI Out to be sent alone back to the pedalboard.

If you can't find one of those, you'll *also* need a MIDI SPLIT BOX:

With two boxes, it would be like this:

KPA MIDI OUT to
    MIDI SPLIT BOX

MIDI SPLIT BOX to
    - FOOT CONTROLLER
    - and to MIDI MERGE BOX

KPA MIDI THRU to
    MIDI MERGE BOX

MIDI MERGE BOX to TF

simple, yes? ;)