Need help with live setup! (Yeah I know.. "Dear god not another one!")

• First of: I'M SO SORRY for this new thread. BUT, I have actually been searching the web (not just here) for about 2 days straight now. Even though I have found some really good answers to some of my wonders, I still need some more help directed to me and my needs. So please, bare with me, answer nice if you can :)

Ok, so!
    I'm a mixing engineer and producer and bla bla bla. I recorded this band called Leave me here, metalcore/hardcore (think Parkway Drive, Memphis may fire, I killed the prom queen and such). One thing led to another, and to make a long story short, I joined the band on guitar.
    Now, the EP is done and gigs are next on the schedule. There will be minor gigs (pubs and clubs) and bigger ones as well (arenas for around 1,000 - 4,500 people).

I have, today, the rack version of the Kemper, WITHOUT the poweramp. So i just have the "regular studio version" if you will. I have an 4x12 marshall cab I will/can play on live. I will also buy that Behringer (spelling?) midi-pedal that you guys are talking about here on the forum, WITH that extra chip (what ever it was called) to make it work with the Kemper extra well.

Now to my question... is the "regular" Kemper going to be enough?

- can the "normal" Kemper (without the poweramp) do the job in arenas for (max) 4,500 people?
    - Will it works for smaller clubs/pubs (around 50 - 200 people)?
    - Is a standalone poweramp the best choice for me? (this for example: http://www.thomann.de/se/rocktron_velocity100.htm)

What is my best option? I know some of you will tell me to sell the one I have and go buy the one with the poweramp, but I'm not really willing to spend around @1,250 (that is what i would be needed to put in between give or take) extra :(
    I'm looking to spend around $950 to get "live gig"-ready. And, I don't want an amp/speaker that looks like a regular PA. I want to use a normal looking guitar cabinet. If there is a "powered cab" that looks like an Mesa 4x12 for example, I'm willing to pay for that if that solves my problems.

IF there isn't an option for me within my budget that will help me tour with my Kemper in venues for everything in between 50 - 4,500 people.. I'll leave my Kemper in my studio and go on tour with the singers Peavy 6505+ he has laying around in his house.

Please help :)

• It will be fine. You should go out of the mains to FOH and and pick up a SS power amp, If you have $950 you can get the Matrix brand... I do not care for the Kemper as much through a regular guitar cab, If you are using "direct out" recorded profiles it will be better..I say you haul around a "prop" cab for looks and use a powered FRFR speaker to get the best sound possible on stage, or go with in ears..

Just my opinion. You will be fine either way, I just really enjoy not hauling around large heavy speaker cabs and heads anymore, and still getting as good or better sound at gigs.

Atomic sells a more "normal" looking frfr cab.

• can the "normal" Kemper (without the poweramp) do the job in arenas for (max) 4,500 people?

Hey Rusty,

this is the part of your post that had me scratching my head.
    The Profiler w/o a(ny) power amp can't do any kind of job.

You usually measure up the audience's size with respect to the total available wattage (power amp/cab. Of course, if you go direct to FOH you won't need any power amp but for monitoring yourself via something which is not the stage monitoring system. But, at this... stage, it's the PA which does the job, regardless any power amp.

What am I missing?

:)

• Sounds good, gonna look into it. Can you guys link me the products you recommended? If they exist on thomann, I'll gladly want to know :) thanks for your help!