How to profile preamp only!??

• Hey guys! I would like to profile preamp sections of amps only so I can run my Mesa 2:90 power amp with it to my Mesa cab. I've read so many different posts saying turn cab off... Leave on... And many other options. ?(?(
    So can I get a definitive answer on the correct way to profile preamp sections of amps to run later with my own power amp and cab? Thanks for the help guys!

• When playing back the profile, if I'm getting your question right, cab sims must be kept on. This way the Profiler won't try to remove any part of your profile, and yoh'll have your pre properly feeding your poweramp :)

• Whatever you profile - a preamp, only a power amp, both - only a cabinet powered by a linear amp ...

The Kemper creates two filters one before the distortion unit (called amp filter) and another one after the distortions unit (called cab filter).

While it's possible to convert speaker IR's (with the Kemper toolkit) into a cabinet filter it's not possible to store 'all' amp information only into the amp filter.

This means profiling both parts separately is not possible - or better - it's possible but you will not get the same (great) results as when profiling all in one step.

This is the same reason while swapping amps / cabs from other rigs will give you a different sound but it's not the same as swapping amps / cabs in other boxes e.g. AxeFx.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de