Lexicon MPX R1 Midi Controller pedalboard

• Has anyone tried using the Lexicon MPX R1 midi controller with the Kemper? Just wondering about the quality and programability. It appears to be a very nice pedalboard and reasonably priced used.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I used to have one of those with the MPX G2 (sold them when I got the Kemper).

I know the midi CC changes are fixed on those, so that would be the only issue as far as making sure it will click with the Kemper.

Example would be the expression pedal.

They are built like a tank, though, and it would be awesome if the KFC was very similiar.

• from what I've read, it has tons of capabilities and programmability. It can handle multiple midi channels and control multiple devices and has the ability to control relay switches. 16 programmable switches, a programmable pedal that has a resistance variable and a toe switch to turn it off and on, a display that displays tuning capabilities (though not sure if it does it in general midi control, tap tempo... relay amp channel, external foot switches and pedal extensions.. man it has a ton of capabilities for around $200 used on eBay.. and lots of them. I've got a line on one for $150 that I'm thinking about buying to to try its capabilities out with the KPA.... smaller than the FCB1010 and the switches are built better... the whole unit looks to be built better... here's a pic for those that have no experience with it.

http://en.audiofanzine.com/ele…ures/a.play,m.219579.html

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I had it with the Lexicon g2 and it's pretty nice, even if mine was in pretty bad condition and the two way communication thru the 7 pin midi out didn't work.

The fact is that, AFAIK, it doesn't store the led on/off status if you are using it as a standalone foot controller (i.e. without the G2).
    When i had already sold it, i read somewhere that there's a trick about the led status by using the R1 in Setup Mode (the mode of operation in which the R1 can send simultaneously 8 PC and 16 CC on different midi channels), but i couldn't check it and so take it as an suggestion of investigation.

For example, you set the R1 in SETUP MODE in order that the switch 1 sends PC 1 and CCs 17, 18, 19, when you select the FX mode, the led status of the switch SHOULD reflect what you have sent.
    Check pages 6-1 to 6-3 of the manual.