Bedroom / Practice Only

• Well....I got my Kemper last night. All I can say is DAMN!

Really glad to be a part of this community too. Everyone seems very willing to help.

I tried multiple methods of connecting my Kemper last night. It took forever because I would find a preset and then noodle around forever, haha. Anyway, I did try it through headphones first, which I thought actually sounded quite well. So I then tried it through the effects return of my blackstar head and 112 cab, sounded OK, but seemed a little muddy. I since learned that I probably needed to turn off the cab on the Kemper, I'll try that tonight. I then ran it through my Yamaha Stagepas 300, this sounded horrible, surprisingly...I expected far better out of it. I may need to tweak a bit more.

But then....I got this funny idea. I have a really nice set of Klipsch computer speakers. Plugged them into the Kemper, and WOW!!! Unbelievable! I was shocked it sounded so good....Confirms that I will be buying myself a nice set of studio monitors soon! But this will do just fine for now. I LOVE the versatility of the Kemper!

Thanks again everyone for all of your suggestions! I'll definitely be hanging around these forums quite a bit! :)

• this is exactly my issue!

I have a Vibroverb reissue but have 2nd amp fever. It's between a Magnatone Twiligheter, Princeton 6G2, or the Kemper, which I have wanted for a few years now but never pulled the trigger.

I'm looking for something that will sound good at lower volumes but have ability to be a bit louder too. What concerns me is the comment about playing with Headphones as this is how I mostly practice and play at night. I use Beyerdynamic DT990 with a Yamaha THR10C, and play the Fender Deluxe profile 99% of the time. I'm happy with the setup and sound (for the price) and hoping the Kemper would be MUCH better. I guess if I'm not happy with the headphones sound I will get speakers anyway.

I'm not much of a tweaker, nor a cork sniffer since I'm perfectly happy with my Yamaha, but cannot see myself having the patience to tweak for hours. Hopefully they'll have good resale value if I'm not happy with it! I'm optimistic though, because I don't think I will be as hard to please as some. I have 7 days to make up my mind (and usually change it every couple of hours)

I mostly play along to the Ventures, Surf music, but also Neil Young (live!), Clash, and some GNR too