Line and loop levels

• So here's what I want to do:

I've got a Kemper (Just got it last week, love at first shred.)

AND I've got an Axe FX 2. (Love it, but a little less since the Kemper mistress entered my life. :) )

I want to loop the Axe FX into the Kempers FX loop so I can have the Uber-rig of the Universe™.

HOWEVER, I'm having a few small issues...

1. I want to maintain as much punch and clarity through to the Axe as possible. NO tone suck.

2. I want it to be as transparent as possible. Kinda what I was saying with 1.

I'm having a few issues getting the output dialed in right.

Anyone here done something similar?

I won't mention that I've got a G-system that I thought about incorporating, too. That's too much for now, But the idea would be the same there, too. Aligning the in/out levels so that there's no loss of tone, and I'm getting the sound I should.

I've had a suspicion that I'm still doing something wrong with the levels as they are with my Axe, because I'm just getting nowhere near the punch and vibrance of the Kemper. (I think it's beyond the "Kemper's just better" argument, too.)

Just so you know, I'm feeding all this into a Marshall JVM 410 power amp (right into the return loop.) My Matrix 1000 arrives this week, and I'll be switching over to that. (And wondering who to sell all these dang amps to. ;) )

From there into a Line 6 Spider 4x12 cabinet. I use that because it's meant for modelers and has a bit more high end response. Plus it's an awesome value for the money.

Any help is much appreciated. Especially from you equipment geeks that know the issues of the loops and levels.

• I've always had issues getting a good level on the G system using 4CM, but this is a setup worth trying. Thanks.

Last night I finally got a pretty good balance/clarity/tone with the the Kemper looping the Axe in, then the Axe looping the G system in.

I'm getting tired of the reconfiguration game for the time being, so I'll probably do this all again later.

Time to get back to playing and learning. 8)