Just a few questions before going live !

• Hi everybody
    I have an important gig on Friday, and I'd just like to make sure my setup is correct.

On stage, I use the monitor out to a Power Engine with a Beyma speaker.
    For FOH, I go from XLR main out (right) direct to the mixing desk.
    The main out volume is not linked, so I can adjust my volume onstage, without affecting the FOH.

Now for the questions,
    - apparently the mixing desk was clipping a lot, so I had to lower the main output to -30db, it that normal?
    - is it better to use a speaker cable, or an instrument cable between the Kemper and the Power Engine?
    - can you tell me how to balance the volume between the Kemper and the Power Engine? Right now, the Power Engine volume is at about half. The Kemper monitor out is at -23db, and the master volume is at 2.1

Thanks for your help !
    Looking forward to this gig :)

• Matt,

Concerning the clipping mixer, it surely must have a trim pot or pad switch. Trim it down to line level as that is what the Kemper delivers.
    2. use an Instrument cable, NOT a speaker cable.
    3. How you balance your levels is entirely up to you. Turn up the PE to realistic levels and finetune from he profiler.

Good luck for the gig! ;)

• Ingolf, thanks a lot for your answer ;)

Just to make sure, if the mixing desk hasn't got a pad switch, is lowering the Kemper main outs volume the right thing to do, or does it affect the sound?
    Thanks

• How would they connect a keyboard to their mixing desk?
    Keyboards have Line Outs as well, no microphone level. Connect the Kemper as they would connect a keyboard.
    Some mixing consoles have separate inputs for mic level (XLR) and line level (TS/TRS) signals. If that's the case for this console, then just use TS cables instead ... or XLR->TRS cables.