G&L Interceptor (1984)

• It was one of those X-body superstrat by which G&L was trying to enter the Metal '80s scene. They say that a group of people (included Fullerton) worked on it secretly, because they all knew Fender did not like anything not looking like a... Fender LOL

It had close to no success, in the Second series the body was changed to like a Legacy :rolleyes:

I could buy it for 500 €... I believe it's a good price for "a piece of guitar history", so to speak ^^

• Bought. Impressive tone control (PTB), PUs (MFD) and bridge till now. Played some strats in the years, this instrument seems by far superior (specially if compared to the '80s Fender guitars).
    Paid 460 € in the end, original hardshell case included. Basically, a steal. Already received a couple of offers around 1500 $ from a G&L forum :thumbup:

Here's how PTB works: basically, the two tone pots work on all the PUs at the same time, one being a basspass an one a highpass.
    The instrument played in the video is not the same as mine, but the PTB does is.

[media]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVC-Fj9Lz-s
    [\youtube]

• Good for you :thumbup: I really love G&L.

My S500 Tribute has the PTB and it's a great guitar. Because that one has the MFD pickups and the PTB, it doesn't 'do' complete Strat as well as my other G&L which is a USA Legacy that had a hard life before it came here to its retirement home :)

But the PTB does let it go places the Strat cannot. It's a really versatile guitar and, with a similar setup on the one you now have, I'll bet you'll get a lot of enjoyment from it 8)

• I thinks so, thank you :)

The MDFs have a hotter output, a larger frequency response and a lower ground noise if compared to a traditional strat. Then, with the PTB you can forge the sound both low-side and high-side.
    Interestingly enough, when used with HB PUs the PTB is the best circuit I've experienced to make them sound like SCs

:)