Kemper doesn't recognize my Liquidfoot 12+

• Hello,

I don't success to make my Kemper recognised my Liquid foot.
    Anyone have an idea ?

Is it exist a type of refresh function wich scan all devices connected to the Kemper ?

Thank you for your help !

Michael.

• It should sync up automatically. As stated check the cables and verify they are working in both directions.

On the KPA you can go to system pages and I think it's page 6 and it will say if it's in sync with the LF or not.

Sean

• I'm not sure if this means you're up and working or not, but here is the interaction you should see. Of course, your programming is the heart of what the LF does once it's up and working, so this is just the basics of connecting the boxes and getting them talking. Then it's dependent on your programming about whether the KPA does what you want when you select buttons, etc.

1. Turn on KPA.
    2. Turn on LF: What firmware version are you running on LF? When you power it up, it should say on the screen v3.3 or v2.9 or something like that.
    3. Screen on the LF should sync up with the last used rig on the KPA. So the display on the LF should show the rig name like "Boogie MARKIIC
    4. On the KPA under system menu, page 6. Should say "Connected: LF+ Series" This means the KPA recognized that it's a LF plugged into the midi ports
    5. At this point you should be able to select presets, turn effects slots on/off, etc. Again this is all dependent on the programming.
    6. Sometimes you may see things like Stomp A on the LF and not the name of the FX like CHO. With the latest updates to the LF software, the LF seems to 'learn' and sync up as you select presets. So if you see things like Stomp A or weird characters in the display on the LF, i would first step through 5 or 6 different presets. This seems to help get things into full sync. If that doesn't work, then I would go the slot that isn't showing up correctly, and change the FX setting on the KPA. You don't have to save the change, but if you go into slot edit mode by selecting the soft button for that slot, then move the Browse knob, you should see the display on the LF 'learn' or refresh the name for that slot. Do that for each slot that isn't working correctly, then exit the rig without saving it, and things are normally good to go from there.

Let us know what results you get from these steps, then we can see how the programming looks.

sean

• I have upgraded do the 2.4 firmware for my KPA and my Liquid foot has the v3.30 version G2 firmware installed.
    My midi cable are correclty connected.

It worked the first time i have plugged my liquid foot with the mention "connected LF+ series connected", then it was only displayed "midi controller connected" and for now, nothiong occurs, i turn my KPA first and wait for the complete process, then I turn on my liquid foot and nothing...
    Very strange

If you have other advices, you're welcome !

• So when you turn things on now nothing happens? Or do you still get the "LF controller connected" message?

I can always send you a copy of my programming to eliminate that as any issues if you like.

But we'll need to make sure the two are in sync and talking together.

Let us know what's happening now when you turn things on, and if anything happens when you press the buttons.

I should also ask, have you gone through the programming steps in the LF to tell it you are connecting to a KPA?
    Are the midi channels set up correctly on both ends?

Thanks

Sean

• Ok, i could try with your config file.

Is there a midi channel most appropriate ?
    In my config, KPA is on midi 2 (in the config of the LF) and the Kemper midi assignment is on 2 too.

If i put midi channel on my KPA on "OMNI", i can change presets with my liquid foot but not the fx stomps and if i change to channel 2, it doesn't works....

Pfff, it is really a mess:) It has woeked the first time i'v plug the liquid foot with the good information "LF+ connected" on my KPA....

Thanks again for your help. I'm waiting for your file (last chance:))

Michael.

• Unfortunately I don't have a LF but it may help to make a backup of your KPA and do a 'factory reset' on both the KPA and the LF. Not ideal but can save hours of mental stress.

• I'll get you a link to where I have my latest config. If you are able to switch rigs when the KPA is in omni, then the LF must not be set for channel 2 but something else. And if it allows you to change rigs but not turn FX in/off, then that sounds like a programming issue.

I'll get you the link today when I'm back in front of my Setup at home. That should at least get you a know good working base to start from.

Sean

• ok, i have load your config and synchornised wit lf software.

I can trigger rigs and FX now but name of FX stomps don't display. It's just mentioned Stomp B, Stomp C etc....

And the different preset names are your rigs but it's not updated with mine...

Is it a way to update preset names in my Liquid foot ?

And it is just mentioned "Connected" Midi Controller" in my system menu...
    And when i try to lauch the auto woazrd, there is an error message : "KEMPER is not properly connected..."

Edited once, last by Papoos ().

• Go ahead and step through a bunch of rigs on the main page. Buttons 1 and 5 should be bank up/down for the presets.

With my config file it should automatically pull the rig names from your KPA and put them in the LF. I think I have about 55 presets programmed just to pull up the first 55 rigs that are assigned in your KPA. You may have 55 assigned or not that really depends on what you have programmed on your KPA. So the LF will have access to the first 55 rigs assigned in the KPA. Once you step through these 55 on the LF, it should sync everything up for rig names within the LF hardware.

Remember that doing this gets your KPA and LF in sync but doesn't do anything to your LF file on the computer.

When stepping through the rigs it should correct the majority of the stomp a, stomp b names that don't show up correctly. If you get a slot that just won't sync up then hit the soft button for that slot and use the browse knob to select a different preset. This should sync up the slot name. Then exit the rig without saving and it should be good.

Once you have everything where you want it then connect the computer to the LF and select 'transfer data from LF' and this will put all of the software and rigs from the LF hardware to your config file that's on the computer.

Let me know how it goes.

Sean

• I have tried this, i can change preset througt your bank etc... but it is always your names....
    It semms like KPA doesn't send anything to my liquid foot

Midi global channel is on 1 (as your config file for LF)

• OK, I have unplugged my midi cable out (with KPA and liquid foot turn on) and plugged it again and it works !!!!!!!!!!
    Yeahhhhhh:)

Thanks again for all your help Sean. I can finally begins to creat my ideal pedal board!

But i'am affraid to tun it off now...:)

• no issues with turning the LF off. It will power back up in the same state that it was when turned off. Also, you have the config file from the dropbox link as a backup so worst case you can always reload that and have a good starting point.

what i would do is go ahead and transfer the data from the LF back to the computer and then save that file with a new name. Just like you manage backup files from the KPA.

then go in and play around with the programming. I have mine setup a specific way that always goes to a page where i have access to all of the effects and step commands.
    you may want something different. You can put any function on any pedal, any location, on any page, it's up to you. A single button press can send off a list of commands so it's really wide open for you to create whatever you want.

glad things are moving in the right direction.
    let us know how it goes.
    thanks,
    sean