Knocked the dust off this PC today...

• So I have this other PC that I use for Sonar's X1 and DVDFab video conversions... haven't used it for about 3 years now but my bassist has started using Sonar so I'm giving him a bit of support. anyway I decided it might be good if I loaded Rig Manager on it as it is in the local proximity of my Profiler. So I went to pull down the RM software and began the install and was promptly greeted with the need for installing .NET 4 Framework. I'm just wondering why the Framework install isn't integrated with the RM install scripts? It seems like drivers and libraries could be combined or even a link to a seperate install script would be appropriate instead of sending the user on a search across the internet to find the specific files... dunno.. what's your thoughts? :huh:

Gettin' funky up in here..

• and just wondering now that I've done my search.. they're showing a Framework 4 and 4.5 versions.. should I pull down the 4.5 or is there an incompatability with RM and I should only use version 4??

• Sorry, I missed that one. Future versions of the installer will say "this application requires .net framework 4.0 or higher".

thanks Arne! yeah... I missed the "or higher" in the quote so I stalled a bit.. MS is historically notorious for creating issues between versions of releases... so I wanted to be sure before I possibly created an issue for my self.. or at least more work. ;)