Profiler almost switched on by itself

• A weird thing happened today.
    Connected my Profiler to a multiple socket with power switch. When turning the multiple socket on, the Profiler started booting even tho its chicken-head was set to Off.
    The boot attempt lasted about 10", then the unit switched back off.

Clearly, some current passes through the circuit regardless the chickenhead position. Judging by the involved times, it must have to do with some condenser charging and discharging.

Not worrying, but thought it was worth noting nevertheless.

Black unpowered toaster with 2.3.3.9 here.

• Tried a couple of times but I couldn't. I switched the unit off and let it rest for both a couple of seconds and about one hour.
    Maybe I couldn't because when it happened the socket released a transient with a lot of energy which did not present itself again :/

• There's a failsafe in the Kemper for power surges, apparently if there's a jump in power, the unit shuts down and doesn't recharge till the capacitors drain. In this case, it might have been enough of a surge to charge up something and then dissipate. Like I said, be careful! Would hate to hear that your Kemper blew up.

Might I suggest connecting it to a power surge strip or a UPS, like I do? It's a really costly and valuable piece of equipment and a little investment should go into ensuring its longevity,

• Yeah, it's always advisable to protect electric devices... But I should buy/own/reconnect too many of them... I own other stuff even more expensive, and they are scattered all over the flat... :/