Power rack first time live few questions?

• I finally set up my four live rigs using some DI tones and brought them to practice. They sounded pretty good but, they need a bit of tweaking.

So firstly there is a button labelled "monitor cab off" now this feature seems to be a bit confusing. Now, this button has been engaged the entire time I was setting up my rig so it sounds odd it I turn it off. This function can't be just turning off the cab part of the profile seeing as I can toggle the cab function on and off on my DI profiles and I get a completely different sound. Any explanations on what the hell it does?

Next bit is I have been using a pod HD500 as my footswitcher and it does everything I need. I have been leaving it in browser mode and using a footswitches to turn on and off the effects in the profile. Now there seems to be a latency issue between certain profiles when I switch them they sound funny for a fraction of a second and finally kick into sounding right. Kinda as if they were loading, I don't seem to be only one from what I have read online. Any hints?
    Also having never touched performance mode how the hell to do I clear it? (I bought my kemper pre owned). And can I use cc toggle MIDI changes in performance mode?

• Cheers for the replys. I ran my kemper up to gig levels and basically played around with the settings for a few hours. I think basically I wanted more amp compression. Turning that up just a bit makes it feel like a proper full kicking amp.
    As far as I can tell, the kemper almost works like the best amp I have ever owned. You can take a profile you like and change it into a stunning sound without many issues.