AxeFx 2 profiles

• Sorry if I missed this, but which firmware version? v15?

I don't know how you missed it...it was in the initial post! :sleeping: For asking that, you don't get to play any more. :thumbdown:

:D

That said, I don't know if there would be enough "difference" for the KPA to really recognize the subtle changes made from, for instance FW v13 to FW v14. One can arguably have a hard time with the Axe itself sitting in front of them!

To address one other thing -- I did not profile any Axe "presets". Everything that I profiled was something I put together from the ground up - just the amp as it "defaulted" & cab - I didn't change the bias settings, tubes, etc., I always shut off the mic sims, etc., so what you are getting is basically just the amp. There were a couple I added delay into after the fact, but that was KPA effects.

• Got to play for a while today on my secondaries and i think there are some serious gems in there.
    The Ecstacy and Shiva profiles in particular are amps i've been after for a while and haven't found any to my liking on the Kemper.
    Haven't gotten around to the Splawn, but those are right up next in the 'always wanted some on my Profiler' list.

Thanks a bunch!

On another note, it's awesome how the XFX-II keeps improving.
    There were profiles of v5 and v6 and those were hit or miss, and v14 is so much better now... Especially when it's uploaded to the Profiler so we can clearly hear the difference.
    Not sure everybody gets the joke, though :thumbup:

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• thanks for this it is like having an axe fx for the price of a kemper

Yeah...kinda... Or getting an Axe for free with the purchase of your Kemper! :thumbup:

Have fun! I'm probably going to do some refining over the coming weeks, adding some very simple effects that I use, and then posting a few more based on the profiles I put on the Exchange already. Fun stuff!

• This just popped up on my feed, so i figured i'll take the chance to thank you again. Been using them a lot lately, live and now for a couple of studio productions.
    The Splawns and Friedmans were exactly what i was looking for, the Trainwreck is an awesome surprise and it would appear we have a similar taste in sound, because i almost didn't have to tweak anything (a little brightening up for some, but nothing major).

Only bummer is, no Fryette profiles... But that's whining 8)

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• This just popped up on my feed, so i figured i'll take the chance to thank you again. Been using them a lot lately, live and now for a couple of studio productions.
    The Splawns and Friedmans were exactly what i was looking for, the Trainwreck is an awesome surprise and it would appear we have a similar taste in sound, because i almost didn't have to tweak anything (a little brightening up for some, but nothing major).

Only bummer is, no Fryette profiles... But that's whining 8)

Awesome! Glad you like them!

The Splawn & Friedman models are a couple of my mains too! :thumbup: The XTC Red Modern kinda falls into that world as well. Don't overlook the JMP-1 either. I did profile them all pretty flat, so brightening makes a lot of difference for sure. in most cases, I profiled them all with the Presence no more than 50% - usually less. I find it easier to dial IN more brightness to the tone than to dial it OUT.

The Fryette models were very "nondescript" -- kinda boring, really, so I never got any mileage with them. There are a couple VHT Pitbull profile on the Exchange though that I really dig, and are certainly more in my wheelhouse than the Fractal models were. I just switch out the cabs to taste.

• One other thing I should mention -- I dialed all of these models in with FRFR monitors, and they were pointed directly up at me (I was sitting between two 12" w/horns Alto TS112a's), so the sound I was hearing was very HONEST. The sound you hear is probably not the same as you would hear using a guitar cab or something beaming straight out rather than at your ears. Just something to keep in mind.

[Blocked Image: http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg266/chrisolson68/IMG_2410_zps8941a8f7.jpg]