Profiles & Rigs - SETTINGS LOG

• Hi everybody,

I'm really enjoying messing around with my KPA. I'm just a hobbyist guitarist and only started it as a retirement hobby a few years ago. I have tried heaps of different FX units & Amps until I splashed out recently on the KPA. To me, in my limited experience, the KPA is in a league of its own at the top of the class for sound quality - true I've not tried Fractal gear but nothing I've read suggests it's any better than my KPA so I'm sticking with it.

I play through a mixture of direct PA, Tech 21 PE 60 & Atomic Reactor 112-150 amps, depending on my mood in my little (soundproofed) home studio ..... heaven. I am a 'pretend' lead guitarist and I pick 'n choose from the factory/RE rigs depending on the type of backing track. It's great fun........

Anyway, I'm meandering so let me get to the point of this thread:

The one laborious thing I've found when comparing rigs and trying to understand what makes them similar and different is the need to keep flicking between them on screen and then seeing what the different parameter readings there are ....... and for many rigs there are heaps of parameters. So I decided to try and design a SETTINGS LOG which would permit me to produce a hard copy of all rig data which I could peruse at leisure without the need to refer to the KPA screens.

It is an A4 sheet (per rig) in Landscape format, is colour coded as per the KPA LEDs etc. and I think it covers everything ...... but that's where you come in.

Could some of you battle hardened KPA warriors check it out and point out errors/omissions/helpful suggestions etc?

But, before I/you can do that, someone on the forum needs to tell me how to upload the document here. There doesn't seem to be an attachment link anywhere. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Richard

• Thanks to paults for trying to help . I got a dropbox account. I loaded the file. I requested to "share". It said "saved to clipboard". Spent ages trying to find my clipboard with no success. I checked on the web and evidently 'clipboard' isn't available on Windows Vista (my PC system). What's that all about? Haven't a clue what to do next.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Richard

• You dont want to share the file. Rather when you upload your file to dropbox, make sure you put it in the Public folder, that way everyone can see it. Then once it's there, right click on it and select Dropbox -> Copy public link. That will put a copy of the link into your windows clipboard, then you come over here to the forum and paste that link into your post using the little picture of a chain link.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks DigitalBliss but I haven't got a public folder (only available to pro & business dropbox account holders i.e. those who pay for it.) + as I said in my previous reply I haven't got a clipboard on my PC (not provided for Vista users). ............ this is a bit of a pickle isn't it.

Cheers, Richard

• Go to the file you have saved in Dropbox, right click the URL (the address), click copy, go to the Kemper forum reply, right click in the message area and click paste. That should put the link address of your file in the message area.

Note: Vista has a clipboard that only saves the last thing you cut or copy. Therefore, they did away with the ability to see clipboard or the history. When you cut or copy, you over write what was there before.

Note 2: Dropbox should work with the shared item and not need a public folder.

• Hi Al, thanks for your suggestion, tried that but when I get to this message box (having clicked "copy" on dropbox) it doesn't give me a "paste" option, so standard "copy & paste" doesn't work.

• Fed up of all this computer hassle. Spent ages wasting time. Had another idea - if anyone wants to check the above "Settings Log" document out just request a copy on my private email - [email protected] - I'll send it as an attachment.

N.B. Use the following Title in your email to me "KPA - Settings Log" - that way if it goes to my spam box I'll know it's genuine and not delete it.

In the meantime if anyone comes up with a workable alternative on here I'll try again. Not impressed with Dropbox - too complicated for a techie dinosaur like me

Cheers,
    Richard

• CTRL-v = paste (position cursor where you want to paste, then hold CTRL key down while pressing v)
    CTRL-c = copy (highlight whatever you want copied, then hold CTRL key down while pressing c)

• If anyone wants to check out the "Settings Log" document I've designed please request a copy on my private email - [email protected] - I'll send it as an attachment. You can let me have any comments, suggestions etc.
    N.B. Use the following Title in your email to me "KPA - Settings Log" - that way if it goes to my spam box I'll know it's genuine and not delete it.

Cheers,
    Richard