Peavey 5150 [Shure sm57, Heil PR20/PR30] Comparison

• Hi,

My quick Test :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Stay Metal!

• The PR20 takes the cake as far as i'm concerned.

You're wonderfully consistent with your micing, by the way - the difference between the 57 and PR20 is exactly the same as it was in your 5153 profiles, where the PR20 sounds more natural and less congested in the mids. I tried dual tracking with one on each side, but the high end became a bit fizzy and harsh.

Generally speaking, i'd have liked more mids in the tone, but the PR30 in particular is really scooped. I wonder, if you corrected with EQ, if it would be that different from the PR20?

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• The PR20 takes the cake as far as i'm concerned.

You're wonderfully consistent with your micing, by the way - the difference between the 57 and PR20 is exactly the same as it was in your 5153 profiles, where the PR20 sounds more natural and less congested in the mids. I tried dual tracking with one on each side, but the high end became a bit fizzy and harsh.

Generally speaking, i'd have liked more mids in the tone, but the PR30 in particular is really scooped. I wonder, if you corrected with EQ, if it would be that different from the PR20?

Hi Quitty!

All DI reamped via Dawamp [Reampbox/Dibox] connected to my Focusrite 18i20. No post processing (eq,comp, etc...) RAW guitars Tracks only amp > cab >mic. The same mic pos, the same amp setting. I prefer more PR20 in this mic position :D but... like always it all depends on what sound you want to get. PR30 character reminds me e609 sound. And i don't like e609 :thumbup: (Maybe for live use...). It seems to me that you have to find the appropriate position at the cabinet for PR30. Some profiles with PR30 Soon! :thumbup:

Stay Metal!