Amen for Armin! Soundside is the 'X' ingredient for my Kemper...

• First off - apologies if this is not the right area for my glowing praise!

So, I've had my Kemper since January...and I love it. It's made me realise what amp/cab/mic characteristics I love in a tone. But, having no amps of my own to profile...it can be hit and miss getting this right. I've tried quite a few commercial profiles - and enjoyed them - but without the 'X' ingredient.

I like a warm, full sound with not too much treble or 'fizz'. I often reach for the Cab parameters to tame highs, use eq before or after - or swap the eq on an amp to pre to get things working right for my ear. I've gotten down to only 60 profiles on my Kemper - and want to whittle this down further - to a core bunch that I use for recording and jamming/gigs. Less is more....

So, I decide to try the Soundside.de profiles. Yes, they are pricey - but after reading some reviews/threads and videos. I take the plunge....

I bagged the following -

Diezel VH4 pack
    Elmwood 60
    Rock Pack (aka Brown Eye tone)

I'm floored. No cab eq needed. Sounds freaking awesome with my LTD EC-1000 and alnico II pu's. Sweet as hell. Rich, warm and finally the 'amp in the room' feel. Wow. It's illustrated that the magic 'X' is in the mic and cab elements. That's what hit me auditioning these profiles. I was pretty underwhelmed by the stock profiles, then found some great free ones - Fastredponycar's profiles are KILLER. Now with a few TAF and Armin's Soundside profiles - I'm in tone nirvana....

So, the whole point is to sat a BIG Thank-you to Armin and anyone else @ Soundside for the time, effort and profiles. Yes, they are pricey - but - but - but - the difference for ME is palpable. I'm a happy riff-monster - but tone and feel snob. These. have. nailed. it.

Are there any plans for further high gain amps Armin? I'd love a 5153 pack (yes there are lots already) or some more 'different' stuff such as the Verellen Meat Smoke and a few others. Not my place to beg - but I'm a VERY happy Kemper owner right now. :)

To anyone else on the fence about buying some profiles from Soundside - DO IT. the attention to detail, tones and methods of capturing an amps 'soul' are spot on.

Freaking.Genius!

-Tonerider

• Yes, I use a lot of Armin's profiles too, they are VERY authentic. :thumbup:

You should also try:

- '57 Fender Deluxe (one of the best clean profiles ever)
    - Plexi E (Handwired Marshall JMP 1959)
    - Bogner Goldfinger (!!!)
    - Marshall JVM 410H

If you like the Diezel VH-4 you will love the Goldfinger. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Yes, the Goldfinger is ackiller amp - so many options - and almost unpossible to not get a great sound.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de