Reamping in Pro Logic X

• Hi all,

Firstly, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. I was wondering if there was a way to hear a reamped tone without actually recording that tone every time. Let me explain a bit:

I want to reamp a clean tone but don't want to have to go through the process of having to record a large section again and again with various settings in order to hear which is most suitable to the track. I want to be able to maybe play 30 secs or so on loop and be able to change settings on the kemper and be able to listen to that in real time as I tweak. Is this possible?

I hope that makes sense :S

• Yes, I want to be able to hear it in the mix as I tweak it. Otherwise you have to tweak the sound, then reamp the original dry signal, then listen back to it in the mix, then tweak the sound again etc. which is very time consuming. I'd like to be able to just play the track and tweak and hear those tweaks in real time in the mix.

I'm guessing it's not possible like that, but thought I'd ask as there are many here more knowledgeable than me:)

• Ok,

I have worked out that this is basically how it works anyway. I can just change rigs on the fly and it changes in real time and I can hear those changes through my Daw and monitors straight away with no latency.

I guess it really was a silly question, but hopefully others may learn from my ignorance!

• Hehe... Kudos, you figured it out on your own :)

Anyway, it's not just useful for finding the right rig for a mix - it's also very valuable when you want to pare down your loaded rigs, or find out what you want to put on your kemper. People talk about using a looper pedal to do stuff like that, but reamping is just as good, or maybe even better.

I use reamping in my daw while going through my rigs in the rig manager. Works great.