Quick Recording Help please :)

• Hi,

Our EP recording project is running late. I recorded some clean tracks and our friend / engineer is doing his best to get things sounding right, but basically I have the sounds I need in my Kemper!

What I'd love to do tonight is record the final guitars, one track being the sound of the rig I want from the Kemper, one being dry to allow any further manipulation later on.

I have read WikPa but can't pretend to understand it all.

I believe there are options to use an audio interface and then route a track through the Kemper, or just to put the guitar straight into the Kemper and have one feed 'processed' and one 'unprocessed'.

I'd go with whatever is easiest....although just going through the Kemper sounds most straightforward to me?

He is using Logic as the DAW. I've read that in certain scenarios there can be a 'fight' on clockspeed and it has to be set to 44.1 KHz in Logic?

A simple guide on what I need to configure (nothing has been changed from when I got the Kemper on routing or paths or anything - all I've done is tweak my patches to sound the way I want) that would be amazing!

Thanks,
    Andy :)

Edited once, last by andyg_prs: I was wrong, he is using Logic... ().

• He is using Cubase as the DAW. I've read that in certain scenarios there can be a 'fight' on clockspeed and it has to be set to 44.1 KHz in Cubase?

true, but only if you use SPDIF connections for tracking or reamping

• Download the REFERENCE manual from kemper-amps.com and read through the chapter on reamping - you can set it up so you get the dry (DI) track on one channel of the SPDIF (or one of the analogue outputs) and various versions of the processed signal on the other SPDIF channel (or some other analogue outputs). It is definitely possible.

Thanks. I've done that. Seems Direct Out will be dry and Monitor Out will have the rigs running. I have some concerns now though as I've just posted about him trying to re-amp the clean guitar I recorded for him (Guitar > audio interface > Logic) and he said it was just horrible and noisy.

• if you tracked the DI through SPDIF, reamp through SPDIF too : levels will match (if unmodified in the DAW)