Line 6 StageSource Speaker systems for FRFR?

• Hi Elcap - the L3s that we added to our system is a sub and not the L3t or m that I think you think we have. I tested the L3t before originally getting the L2 version and although it is louder and has an extra speaker with a crossover to give an extra bass response I felt that we would probably get a better overall sound by going for a couple of L2 plus 1 x L3s to improve the bass response without having too much to carry about. The L3 is considerably bigger and heavier than the L2 and you would almost cerainly still need to go down the road of getting an L3s sub as well if you want use the system to its full. The L2 is 800 watts LOUD so with 2 x L2 you get 1600 watts plus the 1200 watts of the L3s. Who in the real land of playing pubs and clubs is going to need more than 2800 watts combined? Whichever one you go for get the t version with built in mixer. The extra cost isn't huge but it increases the flexibility of the system tremendously. It also allows you to use the KPA monitor out into 1x L2t using the mixer input and you then have a very versatile backline unit if that is what you want to do.. It also has a pad switch which scales down the output to bedroom level. So you see that you have the flexibility with this fairly small set up to take whatever you need to cover a small acoustic coffee bar gig, a standard pub/club gig or practicing at home on your own. We have played a few outdoor gigs with no difficulty getting the sound out there. Overall however the real benefit comes when you put the whole band through the system along with an M20D as outlined in the thread attached to my post above..

• Hey Ricky10,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with the system! I realized after having posted my last response that you said you had purchased the L3s which is the sub for the system and not the L3T or M. So did you get just one or 2 of the L3S's? Is this rig being used as the FoH for your entire band or just the guitar? If you only have on L3S how does it function in the stereo field?

It is certainly a really well designed platform for building on to. I really like this aspect. The CLR's may be the cats meow but seem to be more of a one trick pony in comparison. The benefit of a Universal 110-220 transformer makes this a winner for me.

Did you happen to try the Atomic CLR's and or the Yamaha DSR112 or DXR series?

Cheers
    :thumbup:

• Have not tried the Atomic or the Yamahas - I'm sure they are fine but the Line 6 stuff just gives you so much more versatility. Yes we use it as FoH (although behind us) for the whole band and it works just great with no feedback from vocals or anything else. There is only one L3s sub and I can't see the point of going stereo because just about only one person in the audience is going to hear the separation. It's almost impossible to locate the sound of a sub - it doesn't matter where we put it on stage it just fills out the sound all over. The crossover means that most of the sound from a 6 string guitar is not going to go through it anyway. The only thing I ought to clarify is that we are not a metal band and I have no idea whether this setup would work for metal. I don't see why not but it will work for just about anything else.

• Wow, how do you not have feed back from the vocal mics? That is really cool, but having dealt with feedback from even a monitor I am stunned you can put the FoH's behind you.

That is great that one L3s covers it too. is it running in mono or is it just running one channel?

• Great info...

I have the Line 6 Dream Rig [Variax JTV69/HD500x/L2T Speaker]

It's good to know that this speaker sounds good with the KPA so I just have to buy the KPA and keep using the L2T too

thanks,
    Charles

• Sorry and late to the party but I just picked up a Stagesource L2M to try with my Kemper. For those that use it do you use the Full Range mode or electric guitar mode when tweaking your profiles for live use? I really like the sound of the profiles through the "electric guitar" mode but when I switch to Full Range which would be what the audience hears, it loses a lot of the body to the tone and is what I am experiencing going direct to FOH and getting a monitor mix of that. The other question I guess would be are there any suggestions of EQ frequencies for the main out of the Kemper to replicate closer to what I hear in the Electric Mode of the L2M? I have tried using the output EQ and to some success but being just Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence it doesn't give a lot of fine tuning. I think having a Graphic EQ that could be assigned to the main output would be great

Thank you for any advice
    Dan