Power-KPA-Question

• Is it possible to switch off the KPA's powerstage but still using the monitor out - and the monitor control-knob - for an active monitor (then of course with cabsim-off) ?

In most live situations I use my guitarbox but in others I have to use an active monitor of the House-P.A.

• Yes, of course.
    You have an option in the output menu to switch off the power section (even though even if it's on nothing bad will happen when not connected - it's not a tube power amp - except for unnecessary electricity consumption).
    Of course you won't use that output then to go to the active speakers (well, you never should anyway, especially when the power amp section is on!) but the main out or monitor out. With the last one you can switch on the Monitor Cab Off option, again the output menu, that turns the cab sims off for every rig. However, you don't seem to be connecting it to a guitar cab, are you? Because if your active speakers are FRFR the cab sims should stay on in theory.

• Yes, of course.
    You have an option in the output menu to switch off the power section (even though even if it's on nothing bad will happen when not connected - it's not a tube power amp - except for unnecessary electricity consumption).
    Of course you won't use that output then to go to the active speakers (well, you never should anyway, especially when the power amp section is on!) but the main out or monitor out. With the last one you can switch on the Monitor Cab Off option, again the output menu, that turns the cab sims off for every rig. However, you don't seem to be connecting it to a guitar cab, are you? Because if your active speakers are FRFR the cab sims should stay on in theory.

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm:

After I switched off the power section in the output menu, can I then connect the active monitor input to the monitor out jack of the KPA
    (of course with cab sim on) and control it via the monitor volume knob on the KPA's front ??? ?(

Thanx again for reply

Ralf

• Well, yes, you can. But have a look to the manual in this regard: again from the output menu one is able to link the pot to any combination of main out volume, monitor out volume, headphones volume and so on. So you gotta check out the settings there as well.

• Note that the powered output is a different 1/4 in connection than the monitor out though the powered out is fed from the monitor our signal.

This.
    It prevents you from destroying active monitors with a powered signal.
    And : It's all in the manuals.
    Just sayin'. ;)

• The connections are both unbalanced 1/4" but you would need to use a speaker type cable with the powered out to passive speaker and an instrument cable with the monitor out to a powered cab, mixer etc...

This. With the powerhead or powerrack you have to treat the profiler like an actual amphead when connecting a passive cab. You'll need the much thicker speaker cables for this.

• yeah thanks !!

I resume:
    Switch off the Powerstage in the Output-Menu.
    Switch "Cab Sim Off" out (which means: Cab Sim On)
    Then take an unbalanced Line-cord from the Monitor-Out-Jack to the Input-Jack of the active Monitor-Box
    Set Volume on the "Master-Volume"-Knob on the KPA's front and play

That's the game isn't it?