Kemper won't turn on!

• I've had my kemper for about 4 months now. Has worked without issue so far. Last night it just randomly turned itself off while i was using it and won't turn back on anymore. I tried unplugging the power cable for a few minutes and trying again (like it suggests in the manual) but it still won't turn on! I've contacted Kemper but am still waiting to hear back from them.

I'm also wondering what getting this unit serviced would entail. Do I have to send it all the way to Germany to get it fixed? I live in the US so that would cost quite a lot and take a decent amount of time. I've had the unit for 4 months already so i'm guessing I can't get it exchanged by the retailer.

• My KPA needs about 20 min downtime when shut down incorrectly before i.e. by an accidental power-off. Perhaps this might solve your problem?!
    I'm sure I read in this forum that there's an official KPA support in the US so you don't have to sent it back to Germany.

• That only happens when the overcurrent protection is triggered, which doesn't always happen evenith repeating the same wrong procedures (it's a matter of phase and capacity).
    For example, sometimes my mains cord just moved and lost its contacts, but the Profiler just reboots immediately.

• Kemper has an official Warranty Service Center in Dallas, Tx. and it should be under warranty if only 4 months in use.
    I had LED failures, opened support ticket, received a "call Tag" from Warranty for Prepaid shipping, UPS picked up, was repaired in Dallas and returned in a total of 3 weeks. That is great service to me, better, easier, quicker than Line 6 was when I had an issue on a DT-50 .

• Thanks for the responses. I've double checked the power cable and outlets connections. I've been checking on it for the last few days to see if it magically works again but it still won't turn on. I got a reply from someone Kemper that is arranging to have it sent in.

Very relieved i'm not going to have to send it all the way to Germany. 3 weeks is a bit long, but not the worst turnaround I guess. The annoying thing was that i'm right in the middle of a project. Spent all this time profiling a setup so I could track at home and right as I was about to start it dies on me! Looks like i'm going to have to go back to the studio and recreate the setup and do all the tracking there...

• I am an old burnout so , I have to always double check the obvious things,...
    Use the power cable on another piece of gear,...
    Try anything in the same electrical socket,...

While troubleshooting an issue once,I found out that one of my home circuits, is connected to a bathroom circuit, that has a seperate breaker, that switches off whenever the outside waterfall is operating. True story.

At least you seem to be under warranty, and although it's a PITA right now, you will ok soon.

• This happened to my powered rack several times before I returned it. It did end up turning back on after a while. I performed a complete erase and reinstall. I didn't get it fixed and let the retailer that I purchased it from deal with it. I just recently picked up a new non-powered rack. I hope this doesn't happen to mine but so far after a week and 3 gigs, it's fine.