Volume swells

• Ok so I want to do a setup as follows and I would like input from anyone that may have experience or knowledge of pitfalls or the plus sides.

I run my monitor out to one DXR10 and my direct out to my other DXR10 for a stereo stage monitor mix. I take the main R & L out to a stereo FOH.

I utilize the Volume pedal on my FCB mainly for lead boost and the other expression for either wah, pitch for bends or pure boost on the front of clean amps to gain it up when I want to crunch up.

I really have missed having the ability to have a swell pedal in my chain...I thought of running my mains out to a stereo volume pedal like the Vertex or Boss FV 500-L and then dropping into my DXR stage monitors and then out of the thru continuing on to the FOH mixer.

Thoughts??

• Suppose you had the volume pedal at the front of your chain, say right after your guitar and before the Kemper? I think that would uncomplicate things.

I think you could get by with your existing set up through some clever performance programming. I doubt you'll be using the wah or lead boost when doing swells. Why note use volume > wah and dedicate a performance for the kinds of swells you need?

• I don't want the pedal to be on the front of the Kemper as then it would affect the gain. With the setting being global I'm confused how you are suggesting to utilize without having to hand adjust the parameter in between songs live, can you detail the and clarify?

• If you're using an expression pedal for volume, you can set it for pre- or post-amp. In your case, I'd put it post-amp. If you go to system menu and select wah> volume, you'll have the pedal work as a volume pedal on performances where you don't have a wah, which should work for your swells. Then, if you need a wah, just switch to another performance and the pedal will function as a wah at whatever point in the stomp slot order you set it.

• Nightlight is suggesting the vol pedal in front of the amp blocks etc of the kemper. I think the confusion is that you've read it as: guitar --> Vol pedal --> Kemper. But he, I think is suggesting an extra expression pedal going into the kemper exp inputs.

• How do you use the external ports with say Mission and still utilize the FCB pedals? I would want like this....
    Pedal A on FCB for volume using Leads
    Pedal B on FCB for wah or pitch.
    then a Mission plugged in a rear port for Swells from Zero to full (Rhythm)volume.

I've yet to figure out how to use both at the same time...or not use but have available all at once may be a better way to say it.