RME Babyface & Kemper (S/PDIF)

• Hi,

This thread exists only on the private forums... so i'm creating a new one here.

I was asking the same question about connecting my Babyface to the Kemper with SPDIF... but after reading all the replies, it seems better for me to forget the SPDIF solution... and use a single quarter inch or XLR cable ?

If that post can help people with the same audio configuration :
    https://www.gearslutz.com/boar…mper-amp-s-pdif-woes.html

Regards
    Cédric

• I have a Babyface that I run my profiler into and prefer this method because the digital connection has less noise than the XLR route (I've compared through my studio monitors live/going back and forth - its very clear in person). You just need to get a converter box in between and you'll be all set. I've gone with the M-Audio CO2, which I actually bought used on Ebay and it works like a charm. It's also bi-directional so I have a feeling that if I wanted to send the digital signal back into the profiler for re-amping I could do this but I've never tried it so I can't confirm this.

Going XLR is perfectly fine too but given that you can stay digital (if that is your goal), you can certainly do this on ebay for around $45-$50 bucks, often with free shipping.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Thanks a lot for your feedback... maybe I will buy that box later... (but I have to buy my Kemper first ! ;)
    but do i really need digital ? hum.. for what I need to do today, maybe not... for the moment... ^^